Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ha Ha Ha!

Since, as you originally claimed, the quote comes from the MOVIE "Annie" from 1982, then it was SAID in 1982, NOT 1933!  :P

Knew what you meant, but couldn't resist!

Sepiatone

Another one   (did the producers thought anyone was this naive in 1933? LOL!)

Grace....I didn't know there were so many dishonest people in New York.

"Be the ball."

-- Golfing advice from Bushwood Country Club member Ty Webb (Chevy Chase) to caddy Danny Noonan (Michael O'Keefe) in "Caddyshack" (1980).

• Like 1
"I think it ****** God off if you walk by the color purple in a field and don't notice it."

-- Shug (Margaret Avery) to Celie (Whoopi Goldberg) in Steven Spielberg's film version of "The Color Purple" (1985).

• Like 1

Jack Twist:  (looking over at Ennis in the firelight; he has laid back and is looking up at the stars, smiling): 

"Anything interesting up there in heaven?"

Ennis Del Mar: (for the first time in a long time, content):

"I was just sending up a prayer of thanks."

-- Brokeback Mountain (2005)

• Like 1

"What hump?"

-- Igor (Marty Feldman) in Mel Brooks' "Young Frankenstein" (1975) after Dr. Frederick Frankenstein (Gene Wilder) offers to surgically remove his new assistant's hump.

• Like 1

"Oh, quit prissin'. I don't think you did it right, anyway."

-- Jacy Farrow (Cybill Shepherd) in "The Last Picture Show" (1971), after making love for the first time with her boyfriend Duane Jackson (Jeff Bridges). 

"Well, I'm black and I'm hopin'."

-- Heavyweight contender Jack Jefferson (James Earl Jones) in "The Great White Hope" (1970), after a reporter asks if he's boxing's black hope for the title.

"Young man, as you grow older you'll find you can't burn the candle at both ends."

-- Professor Wagstaff (Groucho Marx) in "Horse Feathers" (1932), setting up a nice sight gag by Pinky (Harpo Marx).

• Like 1

"I feel the need...the need for speed!"

-- Lt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell (Tom Cruise) and Lt. Nick "Goose" Bradshaw (Anthony Edwards) in "Top Gun" (1986).

• Like 1

"That's funny...That plane's dustin' crops where there ain't no crops."

-- Man at highway bus stop (Malcolm Atterbury) to fugitive Roger O. Thornhill (Cary Grant) in Sir Alfred Hitchcock's "North by Northwest" (1959).

• Like 1

"I am not an elephant! I am not an animal! I am a human being! I am a man!"

-- John Merrick (Sir John Hurt), the disfigured Victorian era curiosity in "The Elephant Man" (1980).

"Will you marry me? Did he leave you any money? Answer the second question first."

-- Rufus T. Firefly (Groucho Marx), the new president of Freedonia, to the wealthy widow Mrs. Teasdale (Margaret Dumont) in "Duck Soup" (1933). 

• Like 3

"If I let you change me, will that do it? If I do what you tell me, will you love me?"

-- Judy Barton (Kim Novak) to Scottie Ferguson (James Stewart) in "Vertigo" (1958), as he becomes obsessed with making her over in the image of a lost love.

• Like 1