Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Mind if my friend sits this one out? She's just dead!"

-- James Bond (Sir Sean Connery), disposing of villainess Fiona Volpe (Luciana Paluzzi) in "Thunderball" (1965).

"I was just inches from a clean getaway."

-- Astronaut Garrett Breedlove (Jack Nicholson) in "Terms of Endearment" (1983), after Aurora Greenway (Shirley MacLaine) wants a reaction to her declaration of love.

Terms-of-Endearment-Nicholson.png

"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

-- Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) to Adrian Pennino (Talia Shire) in "Rocky" (1976).

Rocky_1_Adrian.jpg

"By the way, there's a name for you ladies, but it isn't used in high society -- outside of a kennel."

-- Crystal Allen (Joan Crawford) in "The Women" (1939).

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious stuff."

-- Dr. Emmett Brown (Christopher Lloyd) in "Back to the Future." The film opened 30 years ago, on July 3, 1985. 

NOTE: This is what he said in the version that aired on network television!

• Like 1

"That Texican ... saved my neck twice -- once after he was dead."

-- U.S. Marshal Rooster Cogburn (John Wayne), referring to the heroic Texas Ranger LaBoeuf (Glen Campbell) in "True Grit" (1969).

9774_1.jpg

"We'll make it past the cops -- I just hope we don't see no Muslims."

-- Grover Muldoon (Richard Pryor) to George Caldwell (Gene Wilder), who is disguised in blackface in "Silver Streak" (1976).

Rufus T. Firefly: [into radio] This is Rufus T. Firefly coming to you through the courtesy of the enemy. We're in a mess folks, we're in a mess. Rush to Freedonia! Three men and one woman are trapped in a building! Send help at once! If you can't send help, send two more women!

• Like 1

"According to history, over 100 years ago, a man named Albert Shanker got ahold of a nuclear warhead.”

-- Dr. Agon (John McLiam) in Woody Allen's futuristic comedy "Sleeper" (1973), explaining to 20th-century transplant Miles Monroe (Allen) how the old world order was destroyed.

NOTE: When "Sleeper" was released, Shanker (1928-1997) was the combative head of the United Federation of Teachers (UFT) -- the labor union that represented most teachers in New York City public schools.

Dargo, That's the longest one liner I ever heard/read.  For that you should get twelve years in elevenworth, or is that 5 to 10 in Woolworth?

Okay, BUT before they take me away, could I have a nice cold glass of eliminate?

(...I hear it's hot those places this time of year)

• Like 1

"Remember, you're fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she ever did."

-- Rufus T. Firefly (Groucho Marx) in "Duck Soup" (1933).