Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

"Pet Sematary" (1989)

Jud Crandall....Sometimes dead is better.

Responding to the growling undead cat in bed.

Louis Creed....**** off furball.

Great lines....but horrible film.

For all the complaining that Stephen King does about what Stanley Kubrick did to his novel THE SHINING, the movie adaptation of PET SEMETARY REALLY butchered the book.

3 hours ago, Bethluvsfilms said:

Great lines....but horrible film.

For all the complaining that Stephen King does about what Stanley Kubrick did to his novel THE SHINING, the movie adaptation of PET SEMETARY REALLY butchered the book.

I thought the movie was OK, unique plot and love seeing Fred Gwynne. (aka Herman Munster) :)

RIP (July 10, 1926 – July 2, 1993)

petsemataryfredgwynne.png

6 hours ago, hamradio said:

I thought the movie was OK, unique plot and love seeing Fred Gwynne. (aka Herman Munster) :)

"What's a..Yoot?" (How's that for a segue  to a great one liner?)

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, hamradio said:

RIP (July 10, 1926 – July 2, 1993)

The original novel was certainly unique, but the film absolutely did not do the story justice. 

Usually not one for remakes but in the case of PET SEMATARY, I am certainly open to it.

From Saving Private Ryan:

Corporal Upham(Jeremy Davies), quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson: "War educates the senses, calls into action the will, perfects the physical constitution, brings men into such swift and close collision in critical moments that man measures man."

Captain Miller(Tom Hanks): "I guess that's Emerson's way of finding the bright side."

• Like 1
13 hours ago, umop apisdn said:

From Once Upon A Time in the West:

Frank: People scare better when they're dyin'.

Frank: How can you trust a man that wears both a belt and suspenders? Man can't even trust his own pants.

Boy, oh boy, did Fonda make such a nasty SOB in ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST. He must have relished playing a villain after the dozens and dozens of good guy roles he played all through out the years. 

SPOILERS:

The fact that Frank had no problem whatsoever with killing a child, without any remorse and conscience at all, Fonda made you believe his character was capable of ANYTHING....and you relished his getting his comeuppance at the hands of Charles Bronson at the end of the movie.

• Like 1

A fed up Phil Connors (Bill Murray) in GROUNDHOG DAY:

"This is pitiful....a thousand people, freezing their butts off, waiting to worship a rat!"....and later on...

"There is no way that this winter is EVER going to end, as long as this groundhog keeps seeing his shadow, I don't see any way out....he's gotta be stopped and I have to stop him!"

Love this movie. Like SCROOGED, Murray plays a self-centered, arrogant piece of crud at the beginning of the movie, but unlike SCROOGED, his transformation is much more subtle in here, and much more convincing IMO.

23 hours ago, Dargo said:

From Saving Private Ryan:

Corporal Upham(Jeremy Davies), quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson: "War educates the senses, calls into action the will, perfects the physical constitution, brings men into such swift and close collision in critical moments that man measures man."

Captain Miller(Tom Hanks): "I guess that's Emerson's way of finding the bright side."

Another good one, the scene where Miller's upset over Ryan refusing to come home.

Captain Miller: Is that what I'm supposed to tell your mother when she gets another folded American flag?

HanksRyan.jpg?resize=300,161

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

"Patton" (1970), this one came from a German speaking with respect to Gen Patton while looking at his photo.

Capt. Oskar Steiger......The pure warrior, a magnificent anachronism. The absence of war will destroy him.

Siegfried%20Rauch%20%20Patton%20(1969).j

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Robert Donat in THE PRIVATE LIFE OF HENRY Vlll:

"Every woman thinks herself the best wife for every other wife's husband.”

• Haha 1

Wow not even released yet but has a great one liner (It even went viral).

"Chappaquiddick" (2018)

Joe Gargan.......Yeah, Moses had a temper but he never left a girl at the bottom of the Red Sea.

Edited by hamradio

OK, not from a movie, but a good one anyway.....

On a recent LEAVE IT TO BEAVER rerun on MeTV,  after Eddie Haskell( Ken Osmond) makes one of his mischievously idiotic suggestions, Wally(Tony Dow) asks him, "Hey, Eddie.  Isn't it about the time of year for you to SHED YOUR SKIN?"  :lol:

Sepiatone