Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looks like TOO many of ya's are gonna post ANY meaningless and non-pivotal line from just about any movie just to show off that y'all know how to post YouTube clips!  :P

Sadly, so far nothing of any great significance!  

Sepiatone

"This never happened to the other fellow."

-- George Lazenby as James Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" (1969), the first of the serious 007 films that did not star Sir Sean Connery.

"I'm not even going to swat that fly. I hope they are watching...they'll see. They'll see and they'll know, and they'll say, 'Why, she wouldn't even harm a fly...' "

-- Voiceover by actress Virginia Gregg for Norman Bates/Norma Bates (Anthony Perkins) in Sir Alfred Hitchcock's "Psycho" (1960).

• Like 1

"Personally, Veda's convinced me that alligators have the right idea. They eat their young."

-- Ida Corwin (Eve Arden) to Mildred Pierce (Joan Crawford) in "Mildred Pierce" (1945).

• Like 1

"You wanna get Capone? Here's how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue. That's the Chicago way! And that's how you get Capone."

-- Jimmy Malone (Sir Sean Connery) to Eliot Ness (Kevin Costner) in "The Untouchables" (1987).

"They're coming to get you, Barbra"!

-- Johnny Blair (Russell Streiner), teasing his sister Barbra (Judith O'Dea) in a cemetery in "Night of the Living Dead" (1968).

"Come and play with us, Danny. Forever...and ever...and ever."

-- The Grady Daughters (Lisa and Louise Burns) to Danny Lloyd (Danny Torrance) in Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining" (1980).

"Have you checked the children?"

Mysterious phone caller Curt Duncan (Tony Beckley) to babysitter Jill Johnson (Carol Kane) in "When a Stranger Calls" (1979).

"Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed.  But i do say .. no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops.  Uh ... depending on the breaks."

- George C. Scott as General Buck Turgidson in Dr. Strangleove; or How I Learned to stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)

The thing I like about this quote is that it is based on General Curtis Lamay's recommendation to JFK during the Cuban Missile Crisis to commence a pre-emptive nuclear strike against the Soviets where the American people would only suffer acceptable casualties of 10 to 20 million dead but would escape total annihilation.

The "we wouldn't get our hair mussed" analogy certainly kicked this up a notch.  

"I've got an idea. Our folks think we're babes in arms. Well, we'll show them whether we're babes in arms or not. I'm gonna write a show for us and put it on right here in Seaport...How about it, kids?

-- Michael C. Moran (Mickey Rooney) in "Babes in Arms" (1939).

"You can't fool me. There ain't no Sanity Clause!"

-- Fiorello (Chico Marx) to Otis B. Driftwood (Groucho Marx) in "A Night at the Opera" (1935), after business manager Driftwood points out a sanity clause in a contract. 

"Do, or do not. There is no try."

-- Jedi Master Yoda (voice by operator Frank Oz) in "Star Wars; Episode V -- The Empire Strikes Back" (1980), after Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) says he will try to follow training instructions.

"Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

-- Actress Margo Channing (Bette Davis), making an announcement at a social gathering in "All About Eve" (1950).