Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM Remembers

TopBilled

On 9/24/2016 at 9:43 AM, TopBilled said:

Okay, I already knew that. I thought you were saying for an extra fee, the Backlot members could see the memorial clips from past years. So at least it's all included. Another perk I guess for those who are members.

I saw a comment on one of the YouTube 'TCM Remembers' that I recently watched stating that the 1995-1999 tributes were on Backlot.   When I clicked on the 'play' arrow, I got a pop-up that said I could view it by becoming a Backlot Member for a yearly or monthly fee.  I'm wondering if it's worth the 8 or 10 dollars or however much it is for a 30-day subscription just to see these early tributes.  I can't remember when TCM was added to my cable provider's line-up.  I moved into my house before TCM was born, but I always thought the 2000 'TCM Remembers' memorial was the first year-end tribute the station had done.  Apparently not!  I noticed in an earlier post here that you listed the honorees from 1998 and 1999.  Does that mean you watched a 'TCM Remembers' from those years?  I made a post in the "I Just Watched" thread under General Discussions about 'TCM Remembers', and I sort of feel like an idiot for doing so now!

9 hours ago, midwestan said:

I noticed in an earlier post here that you listed the honorees from 1998 and 1999.  Does that mean you watched a 'TCM Remembers' from those years? 

I didn't start watching TCM until the summer of 2008. I think the earlier honorees were from a list that another person had given me. Someone who had posted on this site and who is now deceased. 

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Someone posted the very first TCM Remembers from 1995 on YouTube recently.  I really love the format of these older tributes (instrumental piece with longer clips and dialogue).  I wish they would return to this format, even if it would mean much longer videos.  Considering some of the really long ads and specials that are shown between movies, I don't think viewers would mind an 8 to 10-minute memoriam.

It's also interesting to see who was left out of this tribute.  I've heard that TCM is somewhat embarrassed of their earliest memoriams due to the number of omissions, and there are some glaring ones here:  Maxene Andrews, Jeremy Brett, Jack Clayton, Peter Cook, David Farrar, Friz Freleng, Michael V. Gazzo, Tom Helmore, Michael Hordern, John Howard, Nancy Kelly, Louis Malle, Doug McClure, Frank Perry, Robert Stephens, and Ted Tetzlaff, just to name a few!  Dean Martin, Butterfly McQueen, and Patric Knowles also passed away that year, but their deaths occurred toward the end of December, so presumably (hopefully) they were included the following year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/14/2020 at 9:17 AM, twilicorn said:

The 2020 TCM Remembers should have been out by now... unless they decided to go the way of YouTube Rewind and not do one for this year...

Has anyone contacted TCM already about this?

On 12/14/2020 at 9:27 AM, Hibi said:

I was wondering that too.

TCM Remembers (the 2020 edition) just aired right after the Laurel & Hardy film, "Battle of The Century" and just prior to the start of "Lilies of the Field".  I caught it in the middle.  Not crazy about the song selected for this year's tribute, but it might grow on me with subsequent views.  As expected, Olivia de Havilland got the final images of this year's tribute.  Alex Trebek made the cut too!  I looked for it on YouTube to see if I could find out what the song was, but it hasn't been posted there yet.

Thanks. I wasn't able to record all of The Joy Luck Club! Thanks, TCM for not posting the times! ! My cable didnt list the times either. Just one big block of BLANK! I kept TCM on deliberately to catch the time after Lilies of the Field in picture and picture, but they didnt list the times for the films when they showed the upcoming films screen so I had to estimate! Next year, I wont bother.

18 hours ago, midwestan said:

TCM Remembers (the 2020 edition) just aired right after the Laurel & Hardy film, "Battle of The Century" and just prior to the start of "Lilies of the Field".  I caught it in the middle.  Not crazy about the song selected for this year's tribute, but it might grow on me with subsequent views.  As expected, Olivia de Havilland got the final images of this year's tribute.  Alex Trebek made the cut too!  I looked for it on YouTube to see if I could find out what the song was, but it hasn't been posted there yet.

How long does it run? It seems like we lost a lot of people this year. A lot.

On 8/30/2016 at 7:22 PM, TopBilled said:

Joan Leslie, Luise Rainer, Louis Jourdan, Betsy Palmer, Dickie Moore, Anita Ekberg, James Best, Geoffrey Lewis, Ron Moody, Lizabeth Scott, Fred Dalton Thompson, Omar Sharif, Movita Castaneda, Franco Interlenghi, Mary Healy, Robert Loggia, Coleen Gray, Leonard Nimoy, Kevin Corcoran, Leatrice Joy Gilbert, Christopher Lee, Rod Taylor, Nova Pilbeam, Amanda Peterson, Alex Rocco, Dean Jones, Betsy Drake, Jean Darling, Nigel Terry, Marty Ingels, Wally Cassell, Dick Van Patten, Richard Dysart, George Winslow, Setsuko Hara, Saeed Jaffrey, Elizabeth Wilson, Edward Herrmann, Virna Lisi, Theodore Bikel, Maureen O'Hara

Abe Vigoda, Nicole Courcel, Alan Rickman, Ken Howard, Prince, David Bowie, Nancy Reagan, Margaret Blye, Burt Kwouk, Bill Henderson, Pierre Etaix, Marni Nixon, John McMartin, Rita Gam, Brian Bedford, Madeleine Lebeau, Gloria DeHaven, Joan Carroll, Patty Duke, Joe Powell, Robert Vaughn, Giorgio Albertazzi, Douglas Wilmer, Adrienne Corri, Kenny Baker, Anton Yelchin, Lupita Tovar, Jack Riley, Hugh O'Brian, Charmian Carr, William Schallert, Marvin Kaplan, Tony Burton, Doris Roberts, George Kennedy, Alan Young, Richard Bradford, Madeleine Sherwood, Richard Libertini, Garry Shandling, Bill Nunn, Billy Chapin, Jon Polito, David Huddleston, George Gaynes, Lita Baron, Ruth Terry, Patricia Barry, Peter Vaughan, Richard Davalos, Teddy Rooney, Frank Finlay, Gene Wilder

Can you upload the names included in the 1996, and 1997 in remembrance videos 

10 hours ago, Clayton Clark said:

Can someone please post the names of the people included in the 1996 and 1995 in remembrance videos 

If you scroll up a few posts in this very thread, I posted a link to the 1995 video a couple of weeks ago.  You can see for yourself who was included.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...