Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

TCM Remembers

On 9/24/2016 at 9:43 AM, TopBilled said:

Okay, I already knew that. I thought you were saying for an extra fee, the Backlot members could see the memorial clips from past years. So at least it's all included. Another perk I guess for those who are members.

I saw a comment on one of the YouTube 'TCM Remembers' that I recently watched stating that the 1995-1999 tributes were on Backlot.   When I clicked on the 'play' arrow, I got a pop-up that said I could view it by becoming a Backlot Member for a yearly or monthly fee.  I'm wondering if it's worth the 8 or 10 dollars or however much it is for a 30-day subscription just to see these early tributes.  I can't remember when TCM was added to my cable provider's line-up.  I moved into my house before TCM was born, but I always thought the 2000 'TCM Remembers' memorial was the first year-end tribute the station had done.  Apparently not!  I noticed in an earlier post here that you listed the honorees from 1998 and 1999.  Does that mean you watched a 'TCM Remembers' from those years?  I made a post in the "I Just Watched" thread under General Discussions about 'TCM Remembers', and I sort of feel like an idiot for doing so now!

9 hours ago, midwestan said:

I noticed in an earlier post here that you listed the honorees from 1998 and 1999.  Does that mean you watched a 'TCM Remembers' from those years? 

I didn't start watching TCM until the summer of 2008. I think the earlier honorees were from a list that another person had given me. Someone who had posted on this site and who is now deceased. 

Good tribute this year (as usual).  Many more voices used from the deceased or iconic lines from movies they were involved with, compared to years past.