Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MEN, how does your wife or girlfriend react when you say, “Honey, I’m home!”

FredCDobbs

Wow.

I hope this is a great big fat joke.

A joke? The first photo represents 3 months of marriage. The second photo represents 12 years of marriage. Different reactions over time. LOL. :) I'm sure some guys know what I'm talking about. :)

Does anyone ever really say "Honey, I'm home"  ?  Or did they ever, except in movies and tv shows like "Leave It To Beaver" ?

I hate the term "honey" used by either mate/spouse to their mate/spouse. The only epithet I can think of that's less sexy is calling your wife or husband "mother" and "father".  Which again, I suspect only happened in old movies.

But for some reason I don't mind being called "honey" if it's some kind motherly waitress in a diner or something.

Does anyone ever really say "Honey, I'm home"  ?  Or did they ever, except in movies and tv shows like "Leave It To Beaver" ?

I hate the term "honey" used by either mate/spouse to their mate/spouse. The only epithet I can think of that's less sexy is calling your wife or husband "mother" and "father".  Which again, I suspect only happened in old movies.

But for some reason I don't mind being called "honey" if it's some kind motherly waitress in a diner or something.

I call my daughter Honey. When she was little, I called her Honey Bunny a lot. Now I throw the Bunny in once in a blue moon, but usually it's just Honey now. Sometimes I'll change it up to Sweetie or Corinney. But usually Honey.

I've never called a girlfriend or a spouse Honey. But for years, my wife addressed me as Honey Bear.

I call my daughter Honey. When she was little, I called her Honey Bunny a lot. Now I throw the Bunny in once in a blue moon, but usually it's just Honey now. Sometimes I'll change it up to Sweetie or Corinney. But usually Honey.

I've never called a girlfriend or a spouse Honey. But for years, my wife addressed me as Honey Bear.

Well, kids are different. I've called my kids all kinds of affectionate names. Not  "honey", but I don't have a problem with that if it's for a child.

I did actually call my son "Bunny" when he was little, sometimes even "Bun". Once in a blue moon I still call him "Bun", and he's 21 !

I usually just walked in the door without saying much, if anything.  Sometimes I'd have fun with it.

Like, if I come in really late from somewhere, I'd burst out exclaiming, "Don't pay the ransom!  I got away!"

Or, if when I walked in and my wife would hear the screen door shut, she'd often say, "Is that YOU, dear?"  And I'd answer, "It'd BETTER be, or I'll kick his A S S!"

Speaking of that tack, when my kids were little, and I was in the bedroom napping or whatnot, one of them would knock on the door, and I'd ask, "Who is it?"  And I'd hear a slightly timid, "It's ME."  I'd reply, "It CAN'T be ME!  I'M in HERE!"  :P

Sepiatone

• Like 3

...Speaking of that tack, when my kids were little, and I was in the bedroom napping or whatnot, one of them would knock on the door, and I'd ask, "Who is it?"  And I'd hear a slightly timid, "It's ME."  I'd reply, "It CAN'T be ME!  I'M in HERE!"  :P

Sepiatone

Sepia, this story of yours reminds me of when I was a little kid, and a little something my father would pull on me.

For years, when I was outside and then found our front door locked and would knock or ring the doorbell to get in and when Pop was inside the house, he'd walk to the door and ask me what the "password" was. As long as I could remember it was always "Swordfish", but I never knew why that was or why Pop had picked that word as "the password".

Years went by and when was about 15 or so, one night Pop, Mom and I were watching the Marx Brothers' "Horse Feathers", and lo and behold when the following scene came on that old Zenith TV...

...for me it was suddenly "mystery solved". And I turned to Pop and said, "Ah-HA! NOW I know why 'the password' was always 'SWORDFISH'!!!"

(...as I recall, Pop just smiled and winked at me)

Sepia, this story of yours reminds me of when I was a little kid, and a little something my father would pull on me.

For years, when I was outside and then found our front door locked and would knock or ring the doorbell to get in and when Pop was inside the house, he'd walk to the door and ask me what the "password" was. As long as I could remember it was always "Swordfish", but I never knew why that was or why Pop had picked that word as "the password".

Years went by and when was about 15 or so, one night Pop, Mom and I were watching the Marx Brothers' "Horse Feathers", and lo and behold when the following scene came on that old Zenith TV...

...for me it was suddenly "mystery solved". And I turned to Pop and said, "Ah-HA! NOW I know why 'the password' was always 'SWORDFISH'!!!"

(...as I recall, Pop just smiled and winked at me)

A Christmas Story moment..

:P  ;)

A Christmas Story moment..

:P  ;)

LOL

YEAH, come to think of it, Kid. ;)

And come to think of it some more here, Pop WAS quite a bit like how Darren McGavin played Ralphie's pop TOO!

(...good man, that ol' man o' mine was)

• Like 1

LOL

YEAH, come to think of it, Kid. ;)

And come to think of it some more here, Pop WAS quite a bit like how Darren McGavin played Ralphie's pop TOO!

(...good man, that ol' man o' mine was)

Two of my best friends had Pops like that

:)

• Like 1

Well, when I come home the only greeting comes from my Golden Retriever, Scotch Whiskey. (and then a shot of scotch) That's perfect.

I loved in PLEASANTVILLE, the "honey, I'm home!" part. Especially when things have changed in P-ville, it thunders and the father keeps repeating the phrase as if to "fix" things.

And I find when working as cashier, it HELPS to smile & call a customer 'hon". I bark orders to "sign here" "keep your receipt" "press this button" "give me your dough" that adding an endearment softens it a little; "may I have your zip code, hon?"