Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RIGHT BEFORE MY EYES (JUNE 1ST SCHEDULE)

AndyM108

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

I was copying and pasting the overnight June 1st/2nd movies onto my monthly Word document schedule for movies to record, and for my last selection of the night I copied this one:

4:45 AM Drowning Pool, The (1975) A private eye's investigation of an anonymous letter leads to murder. Cast: Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Tony Franciosa.  Dir: Stuart Rosenberg.  C-108 min.

But when I went to the next day's schedule, what did I find but this?

6:30 AM Drowning Pool, The (1975) A private eye's investigation of an anonymous letter leads to murder. Cast: Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Tony Franciosa.  Dir: Stuart Rosenberg.  C-108 min.

What the h---?  So I return to the Monday page and now I see this, less than 15 seconds after I'd seen the 4:45 AM listing for The Drowning Pool:

3:00 AM Paris Blues (1961)   Two jazz musicians deal with romantic problems in Paris. Cast: Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Sidney Poitier. Dir: Martin Ritt. C-99 min.

4:45 AM Rachel, Rachel (1968)   A small town teacher tries to overcome her shyness. Cast: Joanne Woodward, James Olson, Kate Harrington. Dir: Paul Newman. C-101

I know these things happen, but I've never seen it happen right before my eyes.  Even stranger was when I checked the complete schedule for June, it showed the "revised" schedule, even though I'd copied it at least a month or two ago. 

And the June Now Playing guide has The Drowning Pool at 4:45! I won't even begin to explain it, but it looks as if the online monthly schedule got corrected many weeks ago, but they didn't get around to correcting the daily schedule until I went to that page.  In any event, I'm glad I didn't make my schedule a few minutes earlier!

I think what has happened, Andy-- is they have dropped PARIS BLUES because of time constraints. On the Charter Cable guide, PARIS BLUES is not included. Unless Charter did something wrong-- but I believe there is a slight foul-up occurring with that part of the schedule.

I think what has happened, Andy-- is they have dropped PARIS BLUES because of time constraints. On the Charter Cable guide, PARIS BLUES is not included. Unless Charter did something wrong-- but I believe there is a slight foul-up occurring with that part of the schedule.

That makes sense, and I wouldn't have even mentioned it except for the fact that the change happened right before my eyes in real time.  It was kind of like spotting a unicorn dashing across a field, here one second and gone the next.

That makes sense, and I wouldn't have even mentioned it except for the fact that the change happened right before my eyes in real time.  It was kind of like spotting a unicorn dashing across a field, here one second and gone the next.

The problem is that it occurs in the middle of the night-- so unless you happen to be awake at that ungodly hour and can manually make sure your DVR records a film that may or may not be broadcast, it's tough to figure out.

I was copying and pasting the overnight June 1st/2nd movies onto my monthly Word document schedule for movies to record

Haha I do exactly the same thing since I don't get cable any more. A good friend records a few a month for me. Now that NOTHING LASTS FOREVER has been cancelled, I need to get crackin' with the June schedule.

Thanks for the "reschedule" warning!

I was copying and pasting the overnight June 1st/2nd movies onto my monthly Word document schedule for movies to record

Haha I do exactly the same thing since I don't get cable any more. A good friend records a few a month for me. Now that NOTHING LASTS FOREVER has been cancelled, I need to get crackin' with the June schedule.

Thanks for the "reschedule" warning!

The real killer is when they schedule two movies in the middle of the night with overlapping times, which does happen every so often.  Sometimes the first movie is really shorter than its listed time (though you'd have no way of knowing that for sure), and sometimes the first movie would barely end before the second movie begins, but they're not allowing time for the introduction, which makes the second movie begin as much as 3 or 4 minutes late.  I HATE having to record two feature movies on the same track, but in these cases that's about the only way to avoid the possibility of chopping off either the ending of the first movie or the beginning of the second.

Not to mention that sometimes the schedule lists the shorts between the features, and sometimes it doesn't, but that's a whole other story.

Not to mention that sometimes the schedule lists the shorts between the features, and sometimes it doesn't, but that's a whole other story.

I've noticed that for some strange reason the shorts are sometimes listed on the Canadian schedule but not the American one.  Even when the schedules are the same.

So, you may want to check out the Canuck schedule in some instances to see if they give any more information on the timings.

I think I saw HOT SPELL on the schedule recently.

I left the room for a moment and when I returned there was no sign of the movie whatsoever ---- as if it were never there!

I think some Tor Johnson movie was in its place.

Here Torday ... gone Tormorrow

• Like 1

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

I was copying and pasting the overnight June 1st/2nd movies onto my monthly Word document schedule for movies to record, and for my last selection of the night I copied this one:

4:45 AM Drowning Pool, The (1975) A private eye's investigation of an anonymous letter leads to murder. Cast: Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Tony Franciosa.  Dir: Stuart Rosenberg.  C-108 min.

But when I went to the next day's schedule, what did I find but this?

6:30 AM Drowning Pool, The (1975) A private eye's investigation of an anonymous letter leads to murder. Cast: Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Tony Franciosa.  Dir: Stuart Rosenberg.  C-108 min.

What the h---?  So I return to the Monday page and now I see this, less than 15 seconds after I'd seen the 4:45 AM listing for The Drowning Pool:

3:00 AM Paris Blues (1961)   Two jazz musicians deal with romantic problems in Paris. Cast: Paul Newman, Joanne Woodward, Sidney Poitier. Dir: Martin Ritt. C-99 min.

4:45 AM Rachel, Rachel (1968)   A small town teacher tries to overcome her shyness. Cast: Joanne Woodward, James Olson, Kate Harrington. Dir: Paul Newman. C-101

I know these things happen, but I've never seen it happen right before my eyes.  Even stranger was when I checked the complete schedule for June, it showed the "revised" schedule, even though I'd copied it at least a month or two ago. 

And the June Now Playing guide has The Drowning Pool at 4:45! I won't even begin to explain it, but it looks as if the online monthly schedule got corrected many weeks ago, but they didn't get around to correcting the daily schedule until I went to that page.  In any event, I'm glad I didn't make my schedule a few minutes earlier!

And as a Bizarro World followup to my original post, The Drowning Pool is now back to its "original" listed time of 4:45, after the 3:00 showing of Rachel, Rachel!!   These programmers really need to make up their minds, and I know one thing:  I'm checking the program guide on my TV before I go to bed tomorrow night!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings