Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This might be a tough one...

hyedenny

I'm having a really hard time remembering what movie had a scene toward the end where the main character, a woman, was being held in a dreary women's mental institution against her will. The head of the place was a corrupt woman and the matrons who worked there were large "dykey" types.  One of the other inmates was a woman who carried around a basket of flowers and talked to herself.  In the end, the woman was vindicated with the help of her friends, the antagonist busted, and they lived happily ever after!

I know that sounds like I should be the one in the mental institution, but I hope its enough info - it's all I can remember!  THANK YOU!!

This might be a long shot, but when you said "inmate woman carrying a basket and talking to herself", I thought of THE UNINVITED. B&W 40's spooky melodrama, where near the end the young romantic interest Stella is being held in a sanitorium pretty much against her will. The matron of the sanitorium is an imperious woman (suggested lesbian), and there is a loony older woman named Miss Bird who is introduced carrying a basket of stones (not flowers) to give to the matron. Stella's doctor and her neighbors (Ray Milland and Ruth Hussey) arrive to take Stella away from the nasty matron, the mystery is solved and they all live happily ever after.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings