Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where are?

Swithin

I know some frown on this sort of thread, but I was wondering what happened to our posters markbeckuaf and obrienmundy? They were great "colleagues" here. Just searched for their last posts -- it's been quite a while!

Anyone know why/if they left? Some posters leave in a huff and announce their departure; but they seemed fairly level-headed. Sometimes people change their names for technical reasons, and say so -- did I miss that announcement?

obrienmundy was, in some way, involved in some crazy stuff being ranted by another poster who was slingin' complaints all over the boards. My guess is.. obrienmundy had had enough of this daily dissin' and took leave. It is unknown (to me) if he/she has been reincarnated under a new handle.

Don't know anything about mark.

I know some frown on this sort of thread, but I was wondering what happened to our posters markbeckuaf and obrienmundy? They were great "colleagues" here. Just searched for their last posts -- it's been quite a while!

Anyone know why/if they left? Some posters leave in a huff and announce their departure; but they seemed fairly level-headed. Sometimes people change their names for technical reasons, and say so -- did I miss that announcement?

Better question is where are 99% of past posters?

One I've noticed: nightwalker. I haven't seen or heard from him(?) in six months.

A veritable bottomless pit of underground movie knowledge.

I expect posters to come and go. There tends to be a core of active participants in any enterprise. I asked about Obrienmundy and Mark because they were regulars and had unique styles. Obrienmundy often referred to herself (as I recall) as a young girl -- I think maybe 13 when she joined us. Her perspective was a nice addition to the diverse community here. I'm sorry if she left because someone made her feel uncomfortable.

I had nothing against either, so MY hope is that they're OK and just quit coming on the site for one fair reason or another.

In another forum I'm a member, one favored member wasn't heard from for a LONG time, and somebody had the ability to check out the situation and discovered he had died of cancer a few years earlier!  :(

Hope nothing like THAT is the case here.

Sepiatone

I expect posters to come and go. There tends to be a core of active participants in any enterprise. I asked about Obrienmundy and Mark because they were regulars and had unique styles. Obrienmundy often referred to herself (as I recall) as a young girl -- I think maybe 13 when she joined us. Her perspective was a nice addition to the diverse community here. I'm sorry if she left because someone made her feel uncomfortable.

Oh...wait! "ObrienMUNDY" ya say, RIGHT Swithin?! Oh, yeah, that 13 year old kid. NOW, I remember. Oh yeah, smart as a whip that one, alright.

No, actually KidDabb, I don't think she left after feeling "uncomfortable" by being "dissed" by anyone around here.

(...nope, as I recall she seemed to disappear right after I once asked her the question: "Like some candy, little girl?")

• Like 1

Oh...wait! "ObrienMUNDY" ya say, RIGHT Swithin?! Oh, yeah, that 13 year old kid. NOW, I remember. Oh yeah, smart as a whip that one, alright.

No, actually KidDabb, I don't think she left after feeling "uncomfortable" by being "dissed" by anyone around here.

(...nope, as I recall she seemed to disappear right after I once asked her the question: "Like some candy, little girl?")

You made it to, "..little girl?" 

:P

therealfuster

dianabat

TripleHHH

vallo13

ILoveRayMilland (a precocious 13-year-old, probably 21 now)

Kimpunkrock*

Visualfeast

Celluloid Kid*

ccbaxter

Some of those go way back ...

*controversial

The one I REALLY worry about is MADIGAN2.

But, I believe I just posted he E-MAIL username, and her TCM site name was "Dorothy" something.

She WAS "up in age" I believe.  being around 82 or something.

Sepiatone

The one I REALLY worry about is MADIGAN2.

But, I believe I just posted he E-MAIL username, and her TCM site name was "Dorothy" something.

She WAS "up in age" I believe.  being around 82 or something.

Sepiatone

Do you mean Dothery? She still shows up, mostly in the CANDIDS section. 

Several thoughts:

I agree with darkblue.

Reason One:  [..]

Reason Two:  The migration to the new message boards created a situation where many just gave up trying to get back on here. Once they could not have their old user names saved and or any of their posts attached to the new boards, they gave up and left.

Reason Three:  Many people just move on simply because their lives become busier or they just tire of the same old same old on the message boards.

Edited by TCMModerator1
inappropriate comments
  • Like 2

What about Mongo?

Mongo is very much still here -- as Bansi4, still posting almost exclusively in Candids. Evidently when we did the migration, Mongo went back to the name he originally had (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Yeah, DOTHERY!  Thank you.

I send her(forward mostly) some humorous e-mails I get sometimes.  At least, I only forward the least offensive.  She never responds, though. Which left me wondering just what's become of her.

NOW, I wonder why she's abandoned the other pages.

Sepiatone

Yeah, DOTHERY!  Thank you.

I send her(forward mostly) some humorous e-mails I get sometimes.  At least, I only forward the least offensive.  She never responds, though. Which left me wondering just what's become of her.

NOW, I wonder why she's abandoned the other pages.

Sepiatone

I think it might've been right after I asked her if SHE'D like some candy TOO!!!

(...I've never been all that particular when it comes to that whole "age thing", ya know!) 

;)

LOL. Lost interest and moved on. Can you blame them?

Nope, not if they don't like CANDY, anyway!!!

(...I guess this whole "sugar-free diet" movement is bigger than I thought)

Mongo is very much still here -- as Bansi4, still posting almost exclusively in Candids. Evidently when we did the migration, Mongo went back to the name he originally had (correct me if I'm wrong). 

I don't think it was by choice. After the update the software prevented him from retaining "Mongo".

Swithin is correct.  Dothery often posts in Candids, and usually has great stories to share, to go with mongo's great photos.  I shared elsewhere that, in April, she wrote about some Dirk Bogarde authored books that she read and recommended.  I love her stories.  I believe they would quickly get buried if she posted anywhere else.