Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where are?

Swithin

This used to be a nice thread. It had a good purpose.

Now it's just another Meander Where You May thread.

Yeah, I suppose I gotta agree with ya here laffite, and with myself being one of the prime culprits in this regard.

Yep, it seems I kind'a sort'a used this baby a bit for the purpose of airing grievances, didn't I.

And so and in efforts to get this thread on track again and take its focus back to a lament of members who don't come around here much anymore, I now promise to cease with the aforementioned "airing of grievances".

(...well, until December 23rd rolls around and when I might use this baby as part of my Festivus celebration activities, anyway!)

;)

I assumed that he was a former film industry insider, who was probably fairly elderly....I also remember "Audrey forever", who claimed to be a teenager.

Movie Professor and I pm'd each other quite a bit. I think he was on the level and was "an insider". I think he told me he had done the PR work for one of most famous television personalities in the world at that time. If he was on the level, then he would be quite elderly by now. He asked me not to disclose who he worked for, for all those years. Even though he's no longer on the bds. it wouldn't be right for me to say who the tv personality was, since I said I wouldn't. I believe Tom also corresponded with MP quite a bit and has the same info. 

LOL. What's wrong with cabbages? Healthy for the prostate!

But I am still wondering, as I was in my OP, about markbeckauf and obrienmundy, two posters who made interesting contributions and enjoyable posts here. I don't think they were the type to change their names and styles and come back without telling us.

I am curious what happened to obrienmundy too.  I know she was young, maybe 18 or 19? She was very active on the boards and in the Programming Challenges.  Then she just disappeared. 

I am curious what happened to obrienmundy too.  I know she was young, maybe 18 or 19? She was very active on the boards and in the Programming Challenges.  Then she just disappeared. 

Two guesses here, Speedy:

One, she's now off to college and is now so busy with her studies that she hasn't the time anymore to sit around and talk old B&W movies with a bunch of us old geezers.......your presences of course being the exception to the "rule" here. ;)

And/or Two, and with you being of reasonably tender age yourself, I'm sure you must remember how it is when you find a new boyfriend and with whom after being in a relationship for a while might one day say to you somethin' like, "What the heck do you find so fascinating about discussing those old B&W movies with a bunch of old geezers, anyway?"

(...once again, these are but guesses here, remember) ;)

LOL

• Like 1

Two guesses here, Speedy:

One, she's now off to college and is now so busy with her studies that she hasn't the time anymore to sit around and talk old B&W movies with a bunch of us old geezers.......your presences of course being the exception to the "rule" here. ;)

And/or Two, and with you being of reasonably tender age yourself, I'm sure you must remember how it is when you find a new boyfriend and with whom after being in a relationship for a while might one day say to you somethin' like, "What the heck do you find so fascinating about discussing those old B&W movies with a bunch of old geezers, anyway?"

(...once again, these are but guesses here, remember) ;)

LOL

I was thinking college could possibly be the culprit too.  I personally would always find time to chat about movies, but maybe not everyone is as good at multi-tasking as I am.  In regards to a new boyfriend, personally, if I had a boyfriend who was trying to shame me about my love of old movies, I'd not only watch more old movies, I'd tell him to kick rocks.  Lol.  But that's me.  That could also be a possibility, though I'd hope she was confident enough in her preferences that she'd do the same thing I would, but without actually knowing her, this could be a possibility.  I don't know much about her, only that she was at least 10 years younger than me and she really liked Greer Garson.  

obrien posted quite a bit in the CFU, according to what she posted here. Maybe she's still posting there? 

ILoveRayMilland was another younger poster who seems to have disappeared.

She was remarkable. She was 13. I admired her for her knowledge and her ability to communicate so easily with adults. I'm not patronizing her. No one ever had to talk down to her, in fact most probably didn't know her age. Rich, she liked you particularly, she liked the way you could make her laugh. I remember her posting that. She's probably close to 20 now.

She was remarkable. She was 13. I admired her for her knowledge and her ability to communicate so easily with adults. I'm not patronizing her. No one ever had to talk down to her, in fact most probably didn't know her age. Rich, she liked you particularly, she liked the way you could make her laugh. I remember her posting that. She's probably close to 20 now.

As I recall, I don't think she had TCM, but still managed to interact with all of us in a positive way. Very nice young person.

Movie Professor and I pm'd each other quite a bit. I think he was on the level and was "an insider". I think he told me he had done the PR work for one of most famous television personalities in the world at that time. If he was on the level, then he would be quite elderly by now. He asked me not to disclose who he worked for, for all those years. Even though he's no longer on the bds. it wouldn't be right for me to say who the tv personality was, since I said I wouldn't. I believe Tom also corresponded with MP quite a bit and has the same info. 

Actually, I only corresponded with the MP once but he was a very nice guy and encouraged me to communicate with him again. That was shortly before he disappeared from the boards. When I sent him another message after he vanished, checking to see if he was okay, there was no response.

In December, 2012 I created a thread asking if anyone knew if the MP was okay. No one had any answers, but one of the posters to respond was Lori who, as many may still recall, was the ultimate John Garfield fan on these boards. Things happen so quickly. Just a few weeks later, Lori was gone, as well. She was such a sweetheart, once sending me a very slick film noir e-magazine that I still have (and think of her, of course, whenever I look at it).

Yeah, I suppose I gotta agree with ya here laffite, and with myself being one of the prime culprits in this regard.

Yep, it seems I kind'a sort'a used this baby a bit for the purpose of airing grievances, didn't I.

And so and in efforts to get this thread on track again and take its focus back to a lament of members who don't come around here much anymore, I now promise to cease with the aforementioned "airing of grievances".

(...well, until December 23rd rolls around and when I might use this baby as part of my Festivus celebration activities, anyway!)

;)

No culprits, Dargo, we all jump in like that. I didn't mean to throw stones, it was mostly an inward thing. No biggie.

Thanks

laffite

• Like 1

No culprits, Dargo, we all jump in like that. I didn't mean to throw stones, it was mostly an inward thing. No biggie.

Thanks

laffite

One difference between real -life relationships and on-line relationships is that when a real-life relation disappears, you generally know what happened to them.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

MADIGAN2 also is one that hasn't been heard from in quite a while.

I have her personal e-mail address in my "address book"  and sometimes forward stuff to her.  None of it ever comes back as "undeliverable"  which means the address is still valid, and therefore hopefullymeans she's still with us.

Sepiatone