Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Boards Are Humming

I prefer non-humming boards. For me it's a bad sign when

today's posts go beyond the first page. Too much chaff.

Then again, I'm a lazy sod. :)

I can hear corduroy pants in the distance..

Yes Dargeaux old man, but Americans are not exactly guilt-free. Americans say "herb" the French way -- not pronouncing the "h."  The English say "herb," like "her" with a "b" at the end of it.  

Hmm, somehow I've been pronouncing it the English way.  Very un-American of me!

A whirlwind of activity today.

These boards are alive with passion.

Yes Primos has resurrected about ten of my old threads, including the Recipes one. LOL  I am not paying her to do this by the way. :)

Yes, enthusiasm is good for the soul ... I think.

And for the heart. I know I'm a very happy camper right now.

So many good people with whom to engage on these boards lately.

• Like 1

And for the heart. I know I'm a very happy camper right now.

So many good people with whom to engage on these boards lately.

I know that I am one of your favorite posters, that's a given honey.

I think we all are, TopBilled.

:D

LOL...seriously, though, I think the addition of the online film noir course is creating a spillover effect. We are seeing new posters because of that. They are posting their course requirements in the TCM Programs sub-forum, then they are coming on to other forums to engage with us about TCM and films from different genres.

LOL...seriously, though, I think the addition of the online film noir course is creating a spillover effect. We are seeing new posters because of that. They are posting their course requirements in the TCM Programs sub-forum, then they are coming on to other forums to engage with us about TCM and films from different genres.

Could be. What an excellent idea it is.

Don't forget, TB, start up all those new threads. 

LOTS and LOTS of new threads.

"Passion" is what gets threads closed.

That depends on the post and the poster. Thoughtful "NICE" not "BITTER" posts or bitter posters don't get threads closed. Usually the argumentative, grudge holders and posters who want to run the bds are the ones that get threads shut down. Passion is good as long as it's not posted in a sarcastic way.

• Like 1

That depends on the post and the poster. Thoughtful "NICE" not "BITTER" posts or bitter posters don't get threads closed. Usually the argumentative, grudge holders and posters who want to run the bds are the ones that get threads shut down. Passion is good as long as it's not posted in a sarcastic way.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo true.

Could be. What an excellent idea it is.

Don't forget, TB, start up all those new threads. 

LOTS and LOTS of new threads.

LOL...I'll let you start some new ones of your own. Then I can respond on them! :)

A whirlwind of activity today.

Never confuse quantity with quality.

SOOOO true, Tiki!

And so to now help get this baby back on track and help distance this thread from any thoughts of some people confusing these two concepts, I'll now offer up a little somethin' of quality MYSELF here and which I think might echo the basic premise of this thread...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKe6yH3ZwGo

• Like 2

Dargo--Thanks for the Fats Waller clip.  Did you check out the Cab Calloway/ Nicholas Brothers "Jumpin Jive" clip from Stormy Weather (1943) that comes up after that?  Some of the best dancing ever, IMO--too bad they were never teamed with Fred Astaire.  They are best known for their appearance with Gene Kelly in "The Pirate" (1948).

Dargo--Thanks for the Fats Waller clip.  Did you check out the Cab Calloway/ Nicholas Brothers "Jumpin Jive" clip from Stormy Weather (1943) that comes up after that?  Some of the best dancing ever, IMO--too bad they were never teamed with Fred Astaire.  They are best known for their appearance with Gene Kelly in "The Pirate" (1948).

Oh yeah, I sure did. What a great showman Cab was, and I always loved how the Nicholas Bros incorporated that slide-step into their tap dancing so well. 

(...and yeah I agree...would've been great to have seen them teamed with Astaire, wouldn't it)

• Like 1