Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Boards Are Humming

darkblue

Cowboy days.

Nobody with 3 digits worth of IQ should be doing it anymore. Not even learning-disabled Presidents like junior.

Better watch it here, dark ol' buddy.

Somebody around these here parts and who somehow might like that guy could go "nukequelar" here, ya know!

(...and THEN where would your thread be, HUH?!) ;)

What does "yeppers" mean? Is that the plural? ... is that a (real) word? Do we have a trailblazing word coiner in our midst?

It was an answer I received to a post where more than one point was discussed. So plural?

Just asking.

---

What does "yeppers" mean? Is that the plural? ... is that a (real) word? Do we have a trailblazing word coiner in our midst?

It was an answer I received to a post where more than one point was discussed. So plural?

Just asking.

"yepper" means "yes".

It was used extensively in Canadian pothead circles back in the 80's. Pluralizing it means nothing - just a way of stretching it out (ie/ yepper-zzz).

Once in a blue moon, I'll still use it around someone who "gets" it.

"yepper" means "yes".

It was used extensively in pothead circles back in the 80's. Pluralizing it means nothing - just a way of stretching it out (ie/ yepper-zzz).

In other words laffite...it's one of those "Canadian things"!

(...you know, kind'a like adding those superfluous letter "u"s they do to some words, but in THIS case adding the needless letters "p", "e" and "r" AND sometimes "s" to the word "Yep"!!!) ;)

In other words laffite...it's one of those "Canadian things"!

(...you know, kind'a like adding those superfluous letter "u"s they do to some words, but in THIS case adding the needless letters "p", "e" and "r" AND sometimes "s" to the word "Yep"!!!) ;)

It started while I was stoned and just took off, ay.

It started while I was stoned and just took off, ay.

Yep, and hear that kind'a thing REALLY "took off" out there in your province of British Columbia!!!

(...well, from all reports I receive from up there north of the 49th, anyway!) ;)

Yep, and hear that kind'a thing REALLY "took off" out there in your province of British Columbia!!!

(...well, from all reports I receive from up there north of the 49th, anyway!) ;)

Haven't been to the left coast since '77, so I have no idea what the parlance was there when "yepper" was all over Toronto in the 80's.

Yeah, but in later years they were shown for kids on afternoon local TV, usually by a faux cop named Officer Joe Bolton, or someone like that. That's how wee Swithin first saw them.

It was either Bolton or "Captain" Jack McCarthy.

Swithin, on 11 Jun 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:snapback.png

Yeah, but in later years they were shown for kids on afternoon local TV, usually by a faux cop named Officer Joe Bolton, or someone like that. That's how wee Swithin first saw them.

"scsu75:   It was either Bolton or "Captain" Jack McCarthy."

I'm afraid I tend to think of  those kiddie cartoon show hosts from yore as preverts. There was a similar kid show host in Toronto (I think) when I was a kid, called "Uncle Bobby".

I remember his opening theme, "Hello, hello, so nice to have you with us !" or something.

My friends and I heard a rumour that he was molesting some of the kids who appeared with him on the show sometimes. I don't even know if it was true, but I was old enough to know what "molesting" meant, and it put me off watching his show anymore.

Still, it's unfair to assume that all kiddie show tv hosts were preverts.

Swithin, on 11 Jun 2015 - 12:11 AM, said:snapback.png

"scsu75:   It was either Bolton or "Captain" Jack McCarthy."

I'm afraid I tend to think of  those kiddie cartoon show hosts from yore as preverts. There was a similar kid show host in Toronto (I think) when I was a kid, called "Uncle Bobby".

I remember his opening theme, "Hello, hello, so nice to have you with us !" or something.

My friends and I heard a rumour that he was molesting some of the kids who appeared with him on the show sometimes. I don't even know if it was true, but I was old enough to know what "molesting" meant, and it put me off watching his show anymore.

Still, it's unfair to assume that all kiddie show tv hosts were preverts.

Omigod MissW!  You mean Officer Joe programmed those Betty Boop/Cab Calloway cartoons in order to seduce wee Swithin and his friends into a life of kinky sex/VD/drugs? (I was wondering how I got this way).

I'm afraid so, Swithin baby. Those children's show hosts had a hidden agenda, and it wasn't pretty.

If it's any consolation, I meant to confess on that "Bugs Bunny" thread that was going on a few weeks ago that as a seven-year-old, I actually had a crush on Bugs Bunny.

A crush on a person who was not only a cartoon character, but a wabbit. Not even a human cartoon character. Plus the age difference.   How preverted of me.

• Like 3

I'm afraid so, Swithin baby. Those children's show hosts had a hidden agenda, and it wasn't pretty.

If it's any consolation, I meant to confess on that "Bugs Bunny" thread that was going on a few weeks ago that as a seven-year-old, I actually had a crush on Bugs Bunny.

A crush on a person who was not only a cartoon character, but a wabbit. Not even a human cartoon character. Plus the age difference.   How preverted of me.

Bunny lover.

Calling Sherlock Holmes, you are needed to deduce the imposter, lol.

Another member who witnessed a couple of posts that were removed explained this to me, MovieMadness.

So, a funny comment now that I understand it. Thumbs up.

Well, at least you didn't have a crush on Yosemite Sam. I don't know where that is on prevert scale, but it certainly would have been weird and maybe a little bit scary.

Why misswonderly, you are now misswonderly the third. Just noticed that. No harm, no foul ... so long as you stay misswonderly.

:)

////

--

Well, at least you didn't have a crush on Yosemite Sam. I don't know where that is on prevert scale, but it certainly would have been weird and maybe a little bit scary.

Why misswonderly, you are now misswonderly the third. Just noticed that. No harm, no foul ... so long as you stay misswonderly.

:)

////

--

You must have been particularly distressed when she was, for a short period, EdithsHead.

• Like 1

"yepper" means "yes".

It was used extensively in Canadian pothead circles back in the 80's. Pluralizing it means nothing - just a way of stretching it out (ie/ yepper-zzz).

I am a non-getter, so put a sock in it.

• Like 1

You realize the very best movie about that subject is Canada's DEATH TO SMOOCHY.

I am a huge fan of local "hosted" TV shows of the past-now they are all nation-wide. My old bf worked on DTS and urged me to come up to see some of the filming. After the movie came out, he was embarrassed calling it the "worst movie ever made". I finally watched it in it's entirety and it became an instant favorite of mine. 

Seems to me those who hated it just didn't "get" it. It's a black comedy and Robin Williams is so good as corrupt Rainbow Randolph, with hilarious dirty lyrics in the songs too!

Welcome MissW3. At least you've kept yer pitcher so we recognise you.

What - no EdithsHead2?

Ooooh! I think I remember goin' to see "EdithsHead2" years ago.

(...wasn't that the movie where they have her strapped to the back of Rosey Grier and they travel within the circles of the Hollywood fashionista???)