Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Boards Are Humming

darkblue

What - no EdithsHead2?

Well, at least you didn't have a crush on Yosemite Sam. I don't know where that is on prevert scale, but it certainly would have been weird and maybe a little bit scary.

Why misswonderly, you are now misswonderly the third. Just noticed that. No harm, no foul ... so long as you stay misswonderly.

:)

////

--

Maybe she's miss wonderly to the 3rd power!  

Since I have had to operate on another generation of identity myself, I can commiserate.  

I just hope I don't forget this pw. I don't want to change movies. 

What - no EdithsHead2?

Absolutely not!!

misswonderly is one of the most inspired choices for a screen name that I know. Part of the appeal is its source, that fleeting reference. It sounds nice and it is sweetly feminine.

--

Sneak peak was in TORonto.  I don't think it made it past there.

Oh, I see.

But wait! Then wasn't there a sequel to this one later filmed IN TORonto and where they strap Edith to the back of Tor Johnson instead of Rosey???

'Cause if I'm not mistaken again, I seem to recall a scene near the end of this sequel where Tor(with Edith on his back once again of course) climbs the CN Tower to the top and then some airplanes shoot at him, and then he(with Edith on his back once again of course) falls to the street below.

YEAH, and then some guy walks up to what's left of 'em on the street and says somethin' like: "Oh no. It wasn't the airplanes. It was that woman with the bangs strapped to his back killed the beast".

(...well, that's how I remember this thing anyway...though then again, my memory HAS been playin' some tricks on me lately, ya know)

Oh, I see.

But wait! Then wasn't there a sequel to this one later filmed IN TORonto and where they strap Edith to the back of Tor Johnson instead of Rosey???

'Cause if I'm not mistaken again, I seem to recall a scene near the end of this sequel where Tor(with Edith on his back once again of course) climbs the CN Tower to the top and then some airplanes shoot at him, and then he(with Edith on his back once again of course) falls to the street below.

YEAH, and then some guy walks up to what's left of 'em on the street and says somethin' like: "Oh no. It wasn't the airplanes. It was that woman with the bangs strapped to his back killed the beast".

(...well, that's how I remember this thing anyway...though then again, my memory HAS been playin' some tricks on me lately, ya know)

Sounds more a Canadian version of the American movie, which didn't do so well either.

Sounds more a Canadian version of the American movie, which didn't do so well either.

Really, huh?!

And here one would have thought those two OTHER scenes in that sequel and where Tor(with Edith strapped to his back once again of course) shot the winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals for the Maple Leafs AND where Tor(with Edith strapped to his back once again of course) then later celebrates his victory at the Timmy's located near the base the aforementioned CN Tower..well...wouldn't ya think THAT sort'a thing would've spelled box office boffo UP NORTH there anyway???

(...guess ya never know, huh..err..EH?!)

Really, huh?!

And here one would have thought those two OTHER scenes in that sequel and where Tor(with Edith strapped to his back once again of course) shot the winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals for the Maple Leafs AND where Tor(with Edith strapped to his back once again of course) then later celebrates his victory at the Timmy's located near the base the aforementioned CN Tower..well...wouldn't ya think THAT sort'a thing would've spelled box office boffo UP NORTH there anyway???

They shoulda put some beavers in the movie.

Really, huh?!

And here one would have thought those two OTHER scenes in that sequel and where Tor(with Edith strapped to his back once again of course) shot the winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals for the Maple Leafs AND where Tor(with Edith strapped to his back once again of course) celebrates his victory at the Timmy's located near the base the aforementioned CN Tower..well...wouldn't ya think THAT sort'a thing would've spelled box office boffo UP NORTH there anyway???

Yea, one would think...   I would go to see it, even at a TCM Fathom event nonetheless.  I still think what you saw was an American movie released about 5 years before that.  The CN tower was just extra footage that was spliced in for the re-release in Canada.

Yea, one would think...   I would go to see it, even at a TCM Fathom event nonetheless.  I still think what you saw was an American movie released about 5 years before that.  The CN tower was just extra footage that was spliced in for the re-release in Canada.

Yeah, you're probably right about that, MCOH.

Too bad for some reason I can't seem to find any mention of this movie on the IMDb website, and so I suppose we'll never know if your guess here is right or not.

(...but it certainly sounds as plausible as any I could come up with here!) ;)

Well, at least you didn't have a crush on Yosemite Sam. I don't know where that is on prevert scale, but it certainly would have been weird and maybe a little bit scary.

Why misswonderly, you are now misswonderly the third. Just noticed that. No harm, no foul ... so long as you stay misswonderly.

:)

////

--

...and without losing any posts. Why take the trouble to make a cosmetic change like this?

My change was hardly cosmetic. It was an image change from a nerd to a jock....If it makes you feel any better, I'm still "finance" for logging-on purposes.

That makes me feel SO much better, but I wish we were not deprived of seeing that sobriquet!

Really, huh?!

No one would ever believe this scenario, I'm afraid.  The Leafs in a Stanley Cup final?  Come on.

• Like 1

Oh, I see.

You must be thinking.of MIGHTY TOR YOUNG, at least the plot you describe sounds like this fun film

• Like 1

You must be thinking.of MIGHTY TOR YOUNG, at least the plot you describe sounds like this fun film

Well, not exactly of course, Arturo. ;)

As we know, the film MIGHTY TOR YOUNG had more the typical Hollywood happy ending...and with the cute as a button Terry Moore finding true happiness in the monstrous arms(and especially another particular "monstrous body part", if ya know what I mean) of mighty Tor.

(...and to the dismay of costar Ben Johnson, who thinking HE was "gonna get the girl" at the end of this picture BUT because of ultimately being spurned by Terry, would in his depressed state of mind, move to a small desolate west Texas town and open up a little movie theater showing RED RIVER on a continuous loop)

I'm afraid so, Swithin baby. Those children's show hosts had a hidden agenda, and it wasn't pretty.

If it's any consolation, I meant to confess on that "Bugs Bunny" thread that was going on a few weeks ago that as a seven-year-old, I actually had a crush on Bugs Bunny.

A crush on a person who was not only a cartoon character, but a wabbit. Not even a human cartoon character. Plus the age difference.   How preverted of me.

Back in the day I had a crush on Betty Rubble. (Maybe that Bea Benaderet  voice did it).  And I figured that I could  have  easily won her over from that dumpy husband Barney. :D

Back in the day I had a crush on Betty Rubble. (Maybe that Bea Benaderet  voice did it).  And I figured that I could  have  easily won her over from that dumpy husband Barney. :D

Then lucky me, Mr.R.

When I first met my wife, she immediately reminded me of Betty Rubble.

In fact, here's a picture of us taken on our wedding day 24 years ago. See what YOU think here...

KfJ5AZn.jpg

• Like 5

Then lucky me, Mr.R.

When I first met my wife, she immediately reminded me of Betty Rubble.

In fact, here's a picture of us taken on our wedding day 24 years ago. See what YOU think here...

KfJ5AZn.jpg

Holly Hunter with some incredibly handsome dude?