Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Boards Are Humming

darkblue

Holly Hunter with some incredibly handsome dude?

Well..shucks Bogie. I wouldn't necessarily say "incredibly" here...but I suppose I t'wren't too bad back in the day, I guess!

LOL ;)

(...hmmm..."Holly Hunter", huh?...sorry, I ain't seein' that here)

Then lucky me, Mr.R.

When I first met my wife, she immediately reminded me of Betty Rubble.

In fact, here's a picture of us taken on our wedding day 24 years ago. See what YOU think here...

KfJ5AZn.jpg

A very nice looking young lady, Dargo ( you lucky fellow) but did she have that "sexy" Betty (Bea) laugh?  That's what really won me over (and Bea Benaderet used that laugh for a long time going back to Mama Bear in Bugs Bunny and The Three Bears).  By the way, would a woman consider being compared to "Betty Rubble"  a compliment , even if its intended to be one?

Then lucky me, Mr.R.

In fact, here's a picture of us taken on our wedding day 24 years ago. See what YOU think here...

KfJ5AZn.jpg

What a great looking couple!

You certainly aged well, Dargo, no Barney. I bet the mrs looks fabulous too. She reminds me of Joanne Woodward in that photo. She needs a rock necklace to look like Betty Rubble. 

As a kid, my cousins' were the Hubbells. I always thought they were the Rubbles.

Then lucky me, Mr.R.

KfJ5AZn.jpg

It's interesting that you appeared on all those game shows. In taking a close look at you, you look like  a game show host.... "Come on down!"...and your wife looks a little like Joanne Woodward.

Ya know Tiki and DGF, funny you should mention that about my wife looking like Joanne Woodward, and because while I never really saw it that much, a few of our coworkers we both worked with in the airline biz had mentioned that a few times also.

(...and so I guess it must be true then) 

Btw DGF, and regarding this comment of yours...

It's interesting that you appeared on all those game shows. In taking a close look at you, you look like  a game show host.... "Come on down!"...

So, If I'd change my name to say somethin' like, "Wink Dargodale", ya think I might still have a chance at a second career hosting "Wheel of Fortune" after Sajak hangs it up for good??? ;)

Btw DGF, and regarding this comment of yours...

So, If I'd change my name to say somethin' like, "Wink Dargodale", ya think I might still have a chance at a second career hosting "Wheel of Fortune" after Sajak hangs it up for good??? ;)

Wink Dargodale, chick magnate.  Has a real ring to it.

Ya know Tiki and DGF, funny you should mention that about my wife looking like Joanne Woodward, and because while I never really saw it that much, a few of our coworkers we both worked with in the airline biz had mentioned that a few times also.

(...and so I guess it must be true then) 

Believe it or not, I didn't even see Tikisoo's remark about your wife looking like Woodward, when I made my judgment. The two judgments were totally independent, so it MUST be true.

Believe it or not, I didn't even see Tikisoo's remark about your wife looking like Woodward, when I made my judgment. The two judgments were totally independent, so it MUST be true.

When I first saw the picture I immediately thought Joanne Woodward as well, prior to yours and Tiki's post. Very pretty lady and Dargo's not too bad either. Very nice looking couple.☺
  • Like 1

Man did this thread take a bad turn, from Betty Rubble to Wink Dargodale !  Where is the moderator? ;)

Btw Mr.R.,  this reminds me that I never answered your earlier question about if my wife sounds like Betty Rubble/Bea Benaderet at all.

Well, you know what they say about how many husbands eventually become "tone deaf" and not able to hear the sound or pitch of their wives' voices after so many years?!

Well, ya see, as I RECALL, yeah, I suppose my wife kind'a sort'a sounded like that.

(...but once again, you'll have to remember here that this is all pretty much just a distant recollection on my part, and so I could be wrong here!!!) ;)

LOL

I haven't seen any of this, but it looks like the cousin in National Lampoon's Vacation who was born without a tongue, grown up.

I think Krakowski did play Cousin Vicki in the first 'Vacation' movie.  Was she the cousin born without a tongue?

Then lucky me, Mr.R.

KfJ5AZn.jpg

A most attractive couple, Dargo.  Congratulations on the 24 years!

• Like 1

When I first saw the picture I immediately thought Joanne Woodward as well, prior to yours and Tiki's post. Very pretty lady and Dargo's not too bad either. Very nice looking couple.☺

You're apparently not as quick on the "post" trigger as I am. That's why you only have 292 posts.