Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tcm made another boo-boo

NipkowDisc

go to today's full schedule and click on the description for The Cowboys. they got a leonard maltin review to an old Roy Rogers/Smiley Burnette oater. :lol:

I wonder if you also made a boo-boo.    You said that today's programming was poor.   Well how can a day that has a few Wayne movies be poor programming?    :blink:

go to today's full schedule and click on the description for The Cowboys. they got a leonard maltin review to an old Roy Rogers/Smiley Burnette oater. :lol:

You can do this with any media outlet, don't you know?

TCM makes a lot of mistakes daily I am sure. One only has to look so far.

But instead of criticizing TCM, why not applaud them for continuing to show more than 70% pre-1970 films on their schedules???

You can do this with any media outlet, don't you know?

TCM makes a lot of mistakes daily I am sure. One only has to look so far.

But instead of criticizing TCM, why not applaud them for continuing to show more than 70% pre-1970 films on their schedules???

Asking Nipkowdisc to stop criticizing TCM is like asking TCM to show more Universal films.   It isn't going to happen.  :lol:  

• Like 1

Asking Nipkowdisc to stop criticizing TCM is like asking TCM to show more Universal films.   It isn't going to happen.  :lol:  

I wouldn't mind it if he limited his 'rants' to one thread-- but he spreads his discontent across many threads, thinking it is cute. 

I believe in constructive criticism-- and I also support consumer rights. But in this case, we do have to laud (applaud?) TCM for the many things it does correctly.

I could accept tough love if only one new thread was created about Hot Spell,  say every month.    But 2 or 3 on the same day?   I call that insanity.   :blink:

Yes, but people seem to keep playing to it. He has an audience, so he will keep posting. But the real audience he is trying to reach would be the programming department, and there are more direct ways to contact them.

Another very good thing about TCM, IMO, is that they are the only outlet showing the silent classics--Director D.W. Griffiths' Birth of a Nation (1915), Intolerance (1916), Valentinos'The Sheik (1921),   Son of the Sheik (1925), Marion Davies The Red Mill (1927), Lillian Gish in The Wind (1928), to name a very few.  For years I thought there never would be any access to these films--but TCM is making a important part of our history available, even though they have been scheduled in the middle of the night.  TCM should be applauded for saving/making our film heritage available.

Sound films are important too.  Just because they're more recent and generally speaking, easier to view without having to jump through hoops or go to the West Coast to see (I'm thinking of the UCLA film archives),doesn't mean they're unimportant.  So contact  the TCM top management if you feel a film is lost or being ignored.  If you aren't answered, contact one of the film archives.  They can be Googled.  I'm hopping off my soapbox now. 

• Like 1

Yes, but people seem to keep playing to it. He has an audience, so he will keep posting. But the real audience he is trying to reach would be the programming department, and there are more direct ways to contact them.

But it is all a red herring.   He has a copy of the film.   He can watch it at anytime.   So the need to see the picture isn't the reason for these threads.

Now IF the complaint was focused on TCM showing more Paramount (Hot Spell is from that studio),   Universal or 20th Century Fox films THAT would be very valid.    I believe most of us here wish TCM would feature films from those studios instead of repeats from the big 3 they feature.      e.g.  Pin-Up Girl being a Fox film that TCM is showing right now for the first time!    

• Like 2

But it is all a red herring.   He has a copy of the film.   He can watch it at anytime.   So the need to see the picture isn't the reason for these threads.

He's fighting the good fight for all our sakes. This picture needs to be seen by more people than himself, and he's trying his hardest to make it happen for us.

He's fighting the good fight for all our sakes. This picture needs to be seen by more people than himself, and he's trying his hardest to make it happen for us.

I still think he should take the message to all of the threads with the most views.  And daily.

I still think he should take the message to all of the threads with the most views.  And daily.

Views don't mean anything. Anyone can bring in a couple of sock puppets and drive their views up to record numbers anytime they want. It's happened a lot with people who wanted something to brag about - in lieu of any actual contributions of which to be proud.