Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

RICH'S TOR JOHNSON (AND OTHER Z-MOVIE STARS) THREAD

Thank you for dedicating this thread to me, Rich.  I am most pleased.

-Tor

20ifm6d.jpg

I see Tor has a life mask for sale on ebay

Hey there's an idea for your new face, once the bandages are removed.

• Like 1

With all the talk of Tor Johnson I decided that I wanted to check out one (not all) of his films.  I have "Bride of the Monster" in my Classicflix queue.  I'm not expecting Lionel Barrymore, but it should be entertaining...   ;)

With all the talk of Tor Johnson I decided that I wanted to check out one (not all) of his films.  I have "Bride of the Monster" in my Classicflix queue.  I'm not expecting Lionel Barrymore, but it should be entertaining...   ;)

Funny you should say.  I read that Tor was channeling the Barrymores for that particular performance.

Funny you should say.  I read that Tor was channeling the Barrymores for that particular performance.

Lol.  I'm sure he had to work incredibly hard at it...

I think he's more Ethel than Lionel. Night of the Ghouls is also fun -- especially that opening with The Amazing Criswell.

Edited by TCMModerator1
video removed due to copyright concerns

I think he's more Ethel than Lionel. Night of the Ghouls is also fun -- especially that opening with The Amazing Criswell!

Lol!  Okay, Night of the Ghouls is now in my DVD queue also.

7553160.jpg

I had no idea that Tor (I feel like we are on a first name basis) was in The Lemon Drop Kid.

And that he dressed up as Santa Claus!

He had quite a chest - guess he wore XXXXXXXXXXXL.

10443203.jpg

I noticed in his credits that Tor was also in Carousel. IMDB says he played a Strong Man, but I bet what he really wanted was to sing "You're a **** One, Julie Jordan" or "June Is Bustin' Out all Over."

The word Q U E E R is censored!

• Like 1

Thanks, Stephan.. Any chance you can upload a few screen captures of Tor?

Okay,

I'm struggling with this as I have an upload limit of 756.41KB

And since I can't upload the excerpted scene (way too big) I had a slide-show prepared of the entire scene but it's still 79.1 MB

Well, I've played with this enough and can't get it small enough, so I'll just upload a few quick snaps of Tor from the movie REGISTERED NURSE.

"Tor in 1934."

edit: Though I uploaded the pics in order, they posted out of sequence, but they're numbered and captioned so you can figure out the order.

Wow, quite a change in Tor's appearance in 17 years (1934-1951) THE LEMON DROP KID

Edit: Deleted several images to recover upload space

post-22963-0-39632800-1433998762_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, quite a change in Tor's appearance in 17 years (1934-1951) THE LEMON DROP KID

He looks like a chubby Abner Biberman!

Tor Johnson big Hollywood star

Drew crowds to his films, near and far

But he suffered defeat

Didn't get to plant feet

Grauman's forecourt didn't want.that big scar.

• Like 1

Tor Johnson as the Incredible Hulk

Was a role oh so right, with his bulk

Though a match made in heaven

To Ferrigno 'twas given

Leaving Tor Johnson to sulk.

I see some Robert Preston in him.

Or, to be more scientifically accurate, I think you see about 2.5 Robert Prestons in him.

• Like 1

Grauman's forecourt didn't want.that big scar.

Although it would be of infinite value in the current water crisis, to have a lake that big right in the middle of Hollywood.

To Ferrigno 'twas given

I saw Lou Ferrigno at a Pavilions in Santa Monica.

To Ferrigno 'twas given

Arturo is a poet,

though she may not know it,

Her feet still show it,

'Cause they're "LongFellows." :)

Somebody said that to me when I was in gradeschool and I always enjoy an opportunity to pass it on. :)

• Like 1

Okay, you mention the Hulk, you're brushing close to my fav,  Mark.

Hulk vs Hunk? :P

• Like 1

Arturo is a poet,

Her feet still show it,

He will be happy to read this.

Arturo is a poet,

Her feet still show it,

Somebody said that to me when I was in gradeschool and I always enjoy an opportunity to pass it on. :)

Arturo, are you a girl (excuse me. lady, hee)?. If so, there may be more than me who might be mislead. This is something I understand because despite my longevity on the board (though not consistently ubiquitous) there are still people who don't know that I'm a guy due to my avatar. Not sure why really, like a of guys I tend to have a ooh-la-la mentality for women stars who I like that would make it obvious. And yet (Risky Comment Alert) I've often wondered if lesbians have a similar mentality (excuse me, womentality) for other women that they like. I mean do they carry on like men do, you know oooh-la-la stuff, or are they more mature adults (as I expect they are) and not out of control in that immature way that idiots like me are.

EDIT: Uh oh, I've just read the last post by Rich. "HE will be happy to read this." The point is made though, that folks who have avatars that don't match the gender orientation of their screen names tend to cause misunderstandings in others.

/////

Edited by laffite

He will be happy to read this.

Ooooppps :wub:

I apologize for that gender bending misallocation.

I do confess that it is sometimes (most times) difficult to ID male and female gender when communicating on message boards.

Though the first inclination is that if it's a masculine or feminine avatar that would also be the sex of the author.

However, as has been said, some females choose avators of their male idols, and like wise some males choose the females they admire most, and avatars can change from male to female and vice versa, soooo.... :unsure:

Then there is what may look and sound like a masculine or feminine "name," but that can also mean nothing.

Then there are certain references when reading the various posts where the author may refer to a significant other as their "husband" or "wife," in another time, that would have been a dead giveaway, but not so today.... :huh:

Some women write with a "masculine" sense, and some men write in a "feminine" sense, so can't go by that.

I suppose today even an actual image of the person can be deceiving, err misleading as well. :blink:

So the "safest" way to make a comment is to write in gender neutral terms... but sometimes that is not apropos.

My little poetic quote seemed to require a gender, so I took a chance. :rolleyes:

I'll try to avoid doing that as much as possible in the future.

Ooooppps :wub:

I apologize for that gender bending misallocation.

I do confess that it is sometimes (most times) difficult to ID male and female gender when communicating on message boards.

Though the first inclination is that if it's a masculine or feminine avatar that would also be the sex of the author.

However, as has been said, some females choose avators of their male idols, and like wise some males choose the females they admire most, and avatars can change from male to female and vice versa, soooo.... :unsure:

Then there is what may look and sound like a masculine or feminine "name," but that can also mean nothing.

Then there are certain references when reading the various posts where the author may refer to a significant other as their "husband" or "wife," in another time, that would have been a dead giveaway, but not so today.... :huh:

Some women write with a "masculine" sense, and some men write in a "feminine" sense, so can't go by that.

I suppose today even an actual image of the person can be deceiving, err misleading as well. :blink:

So the "safest" way to make a comment is to write in gender neutral terms... but sometimes that is not apropos.

My little poetic quote seemed to require a gender, so I took a chance. :rolleyes:

I'll try to avoid doing that as much as possible in the future.

Thank you, Stephan, you covered that very well.