Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
scsu1975

RICH'S TOR JOHNSON (AND OTHER Z-MOVIE STARS) THREAD

I believe her last film was the 1967 opus HILLBILLYS IN A HAUNTED HOUSE.  This movie, I think, was Basil Rathbone's last film.   

really-you-gotta-be-kidding-me.png

Tor Johnson for S O T M

One of Hollywood's most popular men

Matinee idols galore

He'd wipe on the floor

They don't make them like they did way back when

• Like 1

Here is Tor giving his measurements and verbally sparring with Groucho:

• Like 2

LOL!  A couple of times Tor looked pretty frustrated at Groucho, when Groucho kept "confusing" Japan with Sweden.  It was probably an act on Tor's part, but if it wasn't...  he's not a guy you would want to provoke!  :)

• Like 1

Wow, the first time I've ever seen Tor ever move or speak. Let me just say I'm not surprised.

• Like 1

Wow, the first time I've ever seen Tor ever move or speak. Let me just say I'm not surprised.

I heard tell in certain circles that Tor dreamed of becoming a ballet dancer.  I wonder if that's true? ;)

This is pretty good.  Groucho moves it along nicely.  Nice to see Tor is every bit the conversationalist I imagined he'd be.

I heard tell in certain circles that Tor dreamed of becoming a ballet dancer.  I wonder if that's true? ;)

I hope not. I don't think he'd look good in a Tor-Tor.

This is pretty good.  Groucho moves it along nicely.  Nice to see Tor is every bit the conversationalist I imagined he'd be.

He didn't seem to pick up that Groucho was joking about where Stockholm was. He kept responding so earnestly, "No, Stockholm is in Sweden!" But I'm not picking on him. It's nice to see he could talk. I wouldn't expect him to be a master of repartee. I think he's more into body slams. Watch it, Groucho!

• Like 1

I heard tell in certain circles that Tor dreamed of becoming a ballet dancer. I wonder if that's true? ;)

Did you see my entry in this thread ua couple of weeks back re. Tor Jonhson's starring role in THE RED SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN? One of his most acclaimed hits, and on Variety's list of all time moneymakers.

EDIT......it might have been on the 20th Century Vole thread.

• Like 1

Did you see my entry in this thread ua couple of weeks back re. Tor Jonhson's starring role in THE RED SHOES OF THE FISHERMAN? One of his most acclaimed hits, and on Variety's list of all time moneymakers.

EDIT......it might have been on the 20th Century Vole thread.

I hadn't!  See??  Anyone can just look at Tor and be inspired to think, "delicate flower"...  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Tor Johnson for Star of the Month

He's.never been chosen, not.once

With.all.his films.that.are.great

This star should definitely.rate

Next.to him, all the others are.runts

Tor Johnson for Star of the Month

He's.never been chosen, not.once

With.all.his films.that.are.great

This star should definitely.rate

Next.to him, all the others are.runts

You mean sTOR Of The Month,, don't you?

• Like 1

You mean sTOR Of The Month,, don't you?

Maybe he can get an honorary title like "Star of the Centory"

Maybe he can get an honorary title like "Star of the Centory"

Good idea, he needs to be honored in some way, here at TOR-CM

• Like 1

Oh yay. Double feaTOR tonite: SHE TOR A YELLOW RIBBON followed by TOR BY TORWEST. All in glorious TORCNICOLOR.

• Like 3

You know what's coming up on Sunday/Monday the 19/20th at 3:30 a.m., don't you?

Young Torless (1966) !!!!

The 63 year-old Tor Johnson received some of his worst reviews when he played the teenager, Torless in this Volker Schlondorff film.  Maybe TCM has been listening to the Tor Johnson campaign.

I cannot make this stuff up. My girlfriend was teaching at a school whose initials are T.O.R. and she came over wearing this school t-shirt. I almost fell off my chair laughing:

th9ZRJ7.jpg

• Like 3

Oh yay. Double feaTOR tonite: SHE TOR A YELLOW RIBBON followed by TOR BY TORWEST. All in glorious TORCNICOLOR.

Tor is one of those fellas on Mount RushTOR, right?. I thought those guys looked familiar.

• Like 2

I was watching a real trashy Anne Baxter film tonight called Carnival Story (1954) and for a moment I thought, hey, the circus strong man is Tor Johnson.  But no, it was a pretender named Ady Berber.

post-35686-0-21871800-1436835764_thumb.jpg

post-35686-0-21871800-1436835764_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well, here is the real deal, from a very very very short cameo in the Monkees flick Head.  And he looks a bit svelter than normal here:

B3yEtuy.png

• Like 1

Well, here is the real deal, from a very very very short cameo in the Monkees flick Head.  And he looks a bit svelter than normal here:

Tor%20Johnson%20in%20Head_zpsyrkwtjqo.pn

Dang Tor!

Jenny Craig worked for you.

• Like 2

Before Jenny Craig, here is Tor, looking like a bloated Billy Bigelow, but actually playing Busthead Brannigan from the "San Francisco" episode of Bonanza:

CWlILYX.png

He tries to scare Hoss with his man-breasts:

sgnbTj9.png

Hoss decks him with one punch, and the Cartwrights all get hernias:

pudgnDk.png

Afterwards, Tor and Hoss dance off into the sunset.

9DHJCSV.png

• Like 2

I was watching a real trashy Anne Baxter film tonight called Carnival Story (1954) and for a moment I thought, hey, the circus strong man is Tor Johnson.  But no, it was a pretender named Ady Berber.

In my mind, I always picture Tor Johnson in NIGHT AND THE CITY, even though I know its not him.

In my mind, I always picture Tor Johnson in NIGHT AND THE CITY, even though I know its not him.

I've thought of that actor also (you mean that wrestler) we could just call the film Night in Tor's City from now on and credit Tor as the wrestler  (or you could do one of your torrific Vole stories about this)  ;)