Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It must be said...

NipkowDisc

not that it already has not. tcm oughta be showin' a lot more films than they are. I mean how many times can you creatively present the exact same unchanging film catalog??? :huh:when does enough become enough? they beat The Third Man over our heads at every opportunity because it is one of their favorite films...

but nary a sign of Hot Spell which probably hasn't been seen on tcm in well over ten years now.

what is this? cheapskateness taken to infinity. sheeesh! what skinflints. anyways, here be my idea for a great double feature...

sometimes a great notion with Henry Fonda, Paul Newman and Lee Remick. the saga of the Stampers of Oregon, a family of old school hardcase loggers.

followed by...

over the edge which has become a cult classic. a planned community of failed yuppies who have forgotten about something... :huh:

their kids.:lol: now angry indifferent malcontent drug-dealing punks. a whole lotta fun with this one.

How 'bout a double-feature of OVER THE EDGE (1979) -and- RICH KIDS (1979)?

And just for the hell of it let's go down to the barrio for BOULEVARD NIGHTS (1979). 

Or we go 'pirate radio' with ON THE AIR LIVE WITH CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT (1979) and VAN NUYS BLVD. (1979) and cruise for chicks and thrills!   

There's a theme-year here . . . 

not that it already has not. tcm oughta be showin' a lot more films than they are. I mean how many times can you creatively present the exact same unchanging film catalog??? :huh:when does enough become enough? they beat The Third Man over our heads at every opportunity because it is one of their favorite films...
but nary a sign of Hot Spell which probably hasn't been seen on tcm in well over ten years now.
what is this? cheapskateness taken to infinity. sheeesh! what skinflints. anyways, here be my idea for a great double feature...
sometimes a great notion with Henry Fonda, Paul Newman and Lee Remick. the saga of the Stampers of Oregon, a family of old school hardcase loggers.
followed by...
over the edge which has become a cult classic. a planned community of failed yuppies who have forgotten about something... :huh:
their kids. :lol: now angry indifferent malcontent drug-dealing punks. a whole lotta fun with this one.

When does enough become enough?

I'm trying to figure that out as well as it relates to you creating threads about the same thing over and over again.   :blink:  

My understanding was that HOT SPELL has never aired on TCM.

incorrect. prior to it's disappearance from tcm now more than ten years ago  tcm had been showing hot spell regularly.

I know this because I watched hot spell every time tcm would show it. :)

When does enough become enough?

I'm trying to figure that out as well as it relates to you creating threads about the same thing over and over again.   :blink:  

Enough becomes enough when it is finally decided to stop kicking a dead horse.

• Like 1

Enough becomes enough when it is finally decided to stop kicking a dead horse.

I agree. Normally I advocate patience/tolerance-- but in this case, it is the proverbial broken record. It's not cute anymore.

It must be unsaid at this point.

incorrect. prior to it's disappearance from tcm now more than ten years ago  tcm had been showing hot spell regularly.

I know this because I watched hot spell every time tcm would show it.

It's interesting that there's no TCM article for HOT SPELL, which suggests that it never aired on the channel. 

Maybe you saw it on AMC.

It never has been broadcast on TCM. And yes, it did air on the old AMC.

I don't know about "never", that is a big word.  Your guess is as good as mine, unless of course if you have a definitive answer for how far back the TCMDb entries go, and as you already know, my efforts only cover a contiguous block of time from Mar 2003 to now. 

I don't know about "never", that is a big word.  Your guess is as good as mine, unless of course if you have a definitive answer for how far back the TCMDb entries go, and as you already know, my efforts only cover a contiguous block of time from Mar 2003 to now. 

If there is no article for it, then it hasn't aired. 

ABOUT MRS. LESLIE hasn't aired either, and it's Booth's best film.

So TCM has confirmed all of this then?

You'd have to ask the long-time posters/TCM viewers.

Not all the B films that have aired have articles, but the A films (especially the A films that come from outside studios) all seem to have articles.

Some day I might.  But for now I just wanted to get the story straight.  It is something I haven't addressed yet.  The actual process of adding entries may have been started after this movie aired, and we all know it is not an "A" movie.

Well I don't think HOT SPELL is a B film either. It was a Hal Wallis production after all-- and that denotes a fair amount of prestige. Plus you have some highly regarded leads in this picture.

It is not a B film. It's a Paramount programmer from the mid-50s.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings