Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archer

Will the movies be available On Demand or on the Watch TCM app?

I subscribe to TCM but don't have a working DVR, and so was wondering if many/all of the movies in this series will be available for viewing either On Demand or through the Watch TCM app. Thanks in any case.

• Like 4

I too would like to know how I can view this film in it's entirety. I do not subscribe to cable, so I would need an online source.

I would like to know this as well! I have a DVR but will be away from my TCM subscription for this Friday, and would love to see some of the movies on my iPad or on my PC at that other location.

I too would like to know how I can view this film in it's entirety. I do not subscribe to cable, so I would need an online source.

I've been using a combination of Netflix and Hulu, and I just signed up for a 30 day free trial for Amazon Prime which has a couple of the films in question(though not many). I'm also checking youtube for some of the films(a lot are in public domain). The Internet Archive has several of the films, as well, available for free download. Also, I'm checking the library. I'm starting to think I'm putting a lot of work into this, and should just get cable again for the summer, but it's another bill we don't want to add.

• Like 1

I am another one of the deprived; I gave up cable TV many years ago and, sadly, said goodbye to TCM. Would love to be able to view these films in some other manner. Will watch this thread for any suggestions. I happen to own M and have seen it a couple of times, but will watch it again with fresh eyes. I'm sure there are other movies I don't own and haven't seen, and I certainly want to see them all! Thanks.

The Watch TCM app is useless unless you have a cable account.  I had cable put back in specifically for this course.  I'll have it taken back out at the end of the summer.  The course is free, so I consider two months of cable to be the course fee.

I have a problem here in the UK. I get TCM through 'Sky', but the schedule for Friday isn't the Summer of Noir. maybe they have a different schedule for the UK  to the US. Any Ideas anyone?

I appoint myself the Summer of Darkness public librarian. Try your public library! I checked out La Bete Humaine yesterday from my LIBRARY!! You might even be able to stream it through the library website and never have to get out of your jammies! austin Public Library in Texas streams the Criterion Collection. FREE! I bet your library has quite a few of the movies assigned. Mine does.

• Like 2

I appoint myself the Summer of Darkness public librarian. Try your public library! I checked out La Bete Humaine yesterday from my LIBRAY!! You might even be able to stream it through the library website and never have to get out of your jammies! austin Public Library in Texas streams the Criterion Collection. FREE! I cannot urge you strongly enough.

I live in the Bay Area...we have some awesome public libraries for movie lovers.Huge collection of new and old films....even in Blu-Ray.
  • Like 1

I live in the Bay Area...we have some awesome public libraries for movie lovers.Huge collection of new and old films....even in Blu-Ray.

chris, we grok each other.

SFPL streams hoopla. I didn't find la Bete Humaine or The Letter there (might be all of hoopla's content is not connected to the regular catalog, we have problems with that at AustinPL), but they own them both on DVD.

I would like to know this as well! I have a DVR but will be away from my TCM subscription for this Friday, and would love to see some of the movies on my iPad or on my PC at that other location.

If you are subscriber of TCM and have an Internet connection you shouldn't have any problems watching the films. I access the channel via the App on my phone when I'm on the go often without any issues. They are usually available within a couple hours after they air on both time zones on demand. Or you can always watch live on either time zone if you get the chance!!

I subscribe to TCM but don't have a working DVR, and so was wondering if many/all of the movies in this series will be available for viewing either On Demand or through the Watch TCM app. Thanks in any case.

The movies should be available within a few hours after they air on both coasts on demand. So if you miss it on the east coast , you could actually watch the film live when it comes on during the west coast time frame . Or you can wait until it airs on the west coast and then catch it on demand. They are. Usually only a available for a week or so. I do this often as I have directv so I can't say if other providers allow the different time zone streaming with the app but directv does.

The Watch TCM app is useless unless you have a cable account.  I had cable put back in specifically for this course.  I'll have it taken back out at the end of the summer.  The course is free, so I consider two months of cable to be the course fee.

Apparently, your local TV provider also has to participate and it looks like Time Warner doesn't. I can't find it in the list on Watch TCM:(

• Like 1

Apparently, your local TV provider also has to participate and it looks like Time Warner doesn't. I can't find it in the list on Watch TCM:(

I KNOW! Isn't that ridiculous? Time Warner cable, begun by Ted Turner, doesn't support the TCM, begun by Ted Turner, app. It's kind of infamous for that. Every now and then I check to see if it's changed... But nope. Still doesn't work. I've emailed Time Warner about it. Crickets.

The library is an excellent idea.  You can put items on hold or do interlibrary loan.  Woman on the Run is on Amazon Prime for free which is good because it's not showing up on my TCM On Demand.  It's pretty good too so I'm glad I didn't miss it.  

Both M and Le Bette Humain (sp?) are both on Youtube in full.  

I don't subscribe to TCM. Is there somewhere that I can watch The Letter and Journey into Fear? These seem really fascinating. 

The Watch TCM App, which is free to all subscribers, has a few of the films available. I've watch The Letter and Nora Prentiss through it. It's a great resource for those without DVRs, or who may be away from home.

• Like 1

well my comment showing where to watch the films was deleted somehow....

i guess that's just how it goes. it's weird that they'd sponsor a class in which students don't have access to the materials. whatever. I'll follow my own means of watching these films.

if anyone wants, just DM me on here and i'll send you the list of what I found and where to watch. It's not much but it's a start.

I've been able to find most of the films on the list through the local library, netflix, or amazon streaming. But I also thought that they were going to release a list of Noir in the public domain for those folks with out access to TCM.

The films that were shown on June 5 are up on the TCM on demand until June 12.

I tried to find "The Letter" and all TCM had up was "Rally Around the Flag Boys" where I live.