Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

a trivia question

NipkowDisc

Was the actor a series regular or a guest star?  Victor Jory appeared in an episode of "The Time Tunnel" and "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea".  Fred Crane was in an episode of "Lost In Space".

you got it! :D I was thinking of vttbots episode 'fires of death' with victor jory as alchemist Dr. Turner.

Thank you.  In the "Games And Trivia" forum we have a whole thread on movie stars in old TV shows.  You should check it out.  Here's another trivia question.

What movie and TV actor is named for one of the characters in "Gone With The Wind"?

Would that be a trick question?

Brett Butler

Would that be a trick question?

Brett Butler

No. Brett Butler's birth name was Anderson, and she was named after another literary character -- Lady Brett Ashley from Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises." She gained the last name Butler when her mother married a man with that name.

My guess would be the obvious one -- Scarlett Johansson.

No. Brett Butler's birth name was Anderson, and she was named after another literary character -- Lady Brett Ashley from Hemingway's "The Sun Also Rises." She gained the last name Butler when her mother married a man with that name.

My guess would be the obvious one -- Scarlett Johansson.

How about Beau Bridges ? :D

How about Beau Bridges ? :D

I think you just hit the jackpot there! I just remembered that Scarlett Johansson doesn't do television. Although his true name is Lloyd Bridges III, it's entirely possible his nickname was inspired by the character Beau Wilkes in "GWTW."

In Nip's case, this thread  would  have fit better in the "games and trivia" page. In MY experience, however, I learned when I first registered on the sight, I went to "Games and Trivia" in order to aSK a trivia question I sincerely didn't know the answer to, and was trying to find out for real!  The other members, mistakenly( and, I might add...STUPIDLY) thought I was trying to start another of their silly games,  gave me what THEY thought the anwer MIGHT have been, and followed it with a "next"!  :angry:

And, their answers turned out to be WRONG!  I NEVER DID get an honest answer to my question, however.....

I'd say, if Nip really wants just an answer to a question, to ask it HERE.  B)

Otherwise, if he's asking questions he already KNOWS the answers to, then go over there!

Sepiatone

I didn't start this thread, but since I answered a question related to "Gone With The Wind", I thought I would follow it up with one of my own, which Bogie56 got..  The answer is indeed Beau Bridges.  He was born just after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  His parents were reading "Gone With The Wind" at that time and they liked the name Beau.  Although he was named Lloyd Bridges III, he was always called Beau growing up, so when he went into acting, it made sense to use Beau as his professional name.  The administrators obviously moved the thread to Games and Trivia where it belongs.  

I didn't start this thread, but since I answered a question related to "Gone With The Wind", I thought I would follow it up with one of my own, which Bogie56 got..  The answer is indeed Beau Bridges.  He was born just after the attack on Pearl Harbor.  His parents were reading "Gone With The Wind" at that time and they liked the name Beau.  Although he was named Lloyd Bridges III, he was always called Beau growing up, so when he went into acting, it made sense to use Beau as his professional name.  The administrators obviously moved the thread to Games and Trivia where it belongs.  

Apparently Beau is a nickname used for a Junior or III. Beau Biden, who just died, had a real name of Joseph Biden III.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings