Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

if my timely allusions to this rare film have spurred curiosity in those who have never seen it. it is out there. in 9 parts, mp4 format, at veehd dot com. :)

Thanks for this information, NipkowDisc.

I truly want to see HOT SPELL now and you are the one who brought the existence of this movie to my attention.

I truly want to see HOT SPELL now and you are the one who brought the existence of this movie to my attention.

Yes,  but now that he has your attention,  do you need 2 or more new threads created per day to retain that attention?

:blink:

I truly want to see HOT SPELL now and you are the one who brought the existence of this movie to my attention.

Holden I too really would love to see this movie. I've loved Shirley Booth ever since I saw Come Back Little Sheba. Wouldn't mind seeing About Mrs. Leslie as well.

Holden I too really would love to see this movie. I've loved Shirley Booth ever since I saw Come Back Little Sheba. Wouldn't mind seeing About Mrs. Leslie as well.

Shirley Booth truly blew me away in COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA.

She was like a real person existing in the scripted world of a movie.

When her character told the mailman about her husband's drinking problem I reacted to her as if she was a real person, not a character in a movie.

"Why did you do that?"

Shirley Booth truly blew me away in COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA.

She was like a real person existing in the scripted world of a movie.

When her character told the mailman about her husband's drinking problem I reacted to her as if she was a real person, not a character in a movie.

"Why did you do that?"

I know what you're saying. She reminded me of an innocent little girl and I felt sorry for her so much throughout the movie. She really stuck by him though. I've probably watched it 10 times. Guess you can tell it's a favorite.

I know what you're saying. She reminded me of an innocent little girl and I felt sorry for her so much throughout the movie. She really stuck by him though. I've probably watched it 10 times. Guess you can tell it's a favorite.

Her first scene where she showed the room to the boarder really pulled me in.

It was like watching a real person not a movie character. 

Her first scene where she showed the room to the boarder really pulled me in.

It was like watching a real person not a movie character.

Same here. Was hooked from the beginning. She was so wonderful and I would like to see her in something else.

Sorry Nipkow, I do hope your movie is shown. There are at least two more that would like to see it.

Same here. Was hooked from the beginning. She was so wonderful and I would like to see her in something else.

Sorry Nipkow, I do hope your movie is shown. There are at least two more that would like to see it.

When I saw Shirley Booth in the opening scene of COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA I felt like I was watching someone living her life not an actor speaking scripted dialogue.

And I too hope HOT SPELL is aired as on TCM one day.

When I saw Shirley Booth in the opening scene of COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA I felt like I was watching someone living her life not an actor speaking scripted dialogue.

I know it has been mentioned here, but have you seen The Matchmaker yet?  Booth is very good in it and Paul Ford is terrific.

Yes,  in the films I have seen Booth in she is very 'raw' (or as you say 'like I was watching someone living her life,,,'.  

This provides the viewer with a strong emotional impact and connection.       

I know it has been mentioned here, but have you seen The Matchmaker yet?  Booth is very good in it and Paul Ford is terrific.

I've seen parts of THE MATCHMAKER when it aired on PBS, but I've never seen the movie in its entirety. 

I would love for TCM to air it.

Yes,  in the films I have seen Booth in she is very 'raw' (or as you say 'like I was watching someone living her life,,,'.  

This provides the viewer with a strong emotional impact and connection.       

Burt Lancaster said that Shirley Booth was the greatest actress he'd ever worked with. 

During the making of COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA, Booth remarked that the most of the time she could see Lancaster acting but that once in awhile he would hit a "note of truth" in his performance and she believed that one day he would be a great actor. 

Burt Lancaster said that Shirley Booth was the greatest actress he'd ever worked with. 

During the making of COME BACK LITTLE SHEBA, Booth remarked that the most of the time she could see Lancaster acting but that once in awhile he would hit a "note of truth" in his performance and she believed that one day he would be a great actor. 

I wonder if Booth and Lancaster ever starred together in a play on Broadway.   

Yes, it was called "Lancaster and Shirley," later turned into a sitcom on ABC.

Does anybody realize that the current discussion has not even mentioned Hot Spell? What a bunch of iconoclasts! I would hope that soon the conversation might find its way back to what is really important. The only thing even remotely more important that Hot Spell is the 10 most seached titles on the TCM Data Base. Priorities, guys, priorities.

==