Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Happened??

darkblue

There was a really popular thread called "What is a troll" that, as far as I could see, was very entertaining and informative - people were posting like mad in it.

And then it just disappeared into the cornfield.

Did someone post garbage in it to get it shut down?

There was a really popular thread called "What is a troll" that, as far as I could see, was very entertaining and informative - people were posting like mad in it.

Yes, what did happen?  Were we spammed or some such thing?

Not sure what the internet term for an intrusion would be.

Someone complained to the Gods..........

• Like 1

Let's hope this thread doesn't get tainted by mean-spirited trolls too who just want to create mischief.  There are plenty of other topics around for anyone who wants a serious discussion.

Someone was antagonized? I didn't see that.

I'd have thought only a troll would be angry at such a topic - and I'm very surprised that one would admit as much by posting in it.

Who was it? You can answer that in a pm - don't want you getting in trouble by saying the name publicly.

I guess if you have someone on ignore you wouldn't necessarily see the nasty bombs a troll may be planting in your thread, would you?  Why wouldn't the moderator just remove those nasty personal remarks instead of shutting down a good discussion?

I guess if you have someone on ignore you wouldn't necessarily see the nasty bombs a troll may be planting in your thread, would you?  Why wouldn't the moderator just remove those nasty personal remarks instead of shutting down a good discussion?

Oh, I get it now. Wow, they must've been some pretty nasty bombs.

All I saw in the "What is a troll" thread was lots of people having a highly enjoyable discussion.

Were there many bombs - or just one big one?

Yeah, and some my BEST WORK recently was done in THAT one!!!

In fact, and all modesty aside(and not that that's my "strong suit" anyway, ya know) but I loved my take-off of Der Bingle in it SO much, I ALMOST took a page out of somebody's book around here and "Liked" my OWN POST!!!

LOL

(...oh well...such is life, huh?!)

• Like 1

In fact, and all modesty aside(and not that that's my "strong suit" anyway, ya know) but I loved my take-off of Der Bingle in it SO much, I ALMOST took a page out of somebody's book around here and "Liked" my OWN POST!!!

LOL

Yeah, that sucks. You should have copied and pasted it somewhere. When I think of all those lost limericks on the old George Brent thread. :(

You missed a good one, Rey. I think it was the most popular thread ever created maybe. Like 50 responses in 15 minutes.

Complete mystery as to why it was taken away. I'm told someone put bombs in it.

That just seems wrong - that a moderator would let a thread be ruined by one person when everyone else was having such a great discussion.

If there's any justice, the moderator will remove whatever the offender said and return the thread to activity.

LOL

I can PM you your stuff as I copied it.

You missed a good one, Rey. I think it was the most popular thread ever created maybe. Like 50 responses in 15 minutes.

Complete mystery as to why it was taken away. I'm told someone put bombs in it.

That just seems wrong - that a moderator would let a thread be ruined by one person when everyone else was having such a great discussion.

If there's any justice, the moderator will remove whatever the offender said and return the thread to activity.

Dont hold your breath on that one..............

• Like 2

Geeze, Louise.... Out all afternoon on the prowl. Missed everything. Darn it!

Well, seein' as how you missed it Rey, AND because I don't feel like doin' my Crosby again, how about a few choruses of my version of Frankie's "Young at Heart" then, HUH?!

"Fairy TAAAALES,

Can come truuuue,

It can HAPPEN to yoooou,

When you're younggg AT heaaaaart"

(...don't worry...it sounds much better with Nelson Riddle's string section)

Well, seein' as how you missed it Rey, AND because I don't feel like doin' my Crosby again, how about a few choruses of my version of Frankie's "Young at Heart" then, HUH?!

"Fairy TAAAALES,

Can come truuuue,

It can HAPPEN to yoooou,

When you're younggg AT heaaaaart"

(...don't worry...it sounds much better with Nelson Riddle's string section)

Oh, PLEASE!!!!!!!!

LMREO. I wouldnt count on that reaction................

Really?!

Never cared for the James Coburn/Cesar Romero type, EH HIBI??? LOL

(...the "Cesar Romero" thing was only offered up because of Arturo, ya know) ;)

Really?!

Never cared for the James Coburn/Cesar Romero type, EH HIBI??? LOL

(...the "Cesar Romero" thing was only offered up because of Arturo, ya know) ;)

Just not into being serenaded is all......

Dont think Cesar would be interested either....

Just not into being serenaded is all......

Dont think Cesar would be interested either....

Well, word was he MIGHT have been if I did it, anyway!!! ;)

(...so how do you know HE wasn't a "music lover" too, HUH?!) 

I missed it, and apparently some of Dargo's finest work. ;) Too bad one bad apple has to go and ruin the fun. Shouldn't his or her comments be removed and the thread remain?

Yes. It was a really good discussion. Except for the part I couldn't see, apparently.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings