Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Too many at one time-Summer of Darkness

ElCid

Thanks jake! We appreciate these updates. 

Keep 'em coming! :)

Holy mother of pearl!

Are you on the email list for comments to the beleaguered Darkness instructor Richard Edwards? The questions would make for high comedy here!

The poor guy.  I have a feeling TCM will never, EVER do this again. 

Holy mother of pearl!

Are you on the email list for comments to the beleaguered Darkness instructor Richard Edwards? The questions would make for high comedy here!

The poor guy.  I have a feeling TCM will never, EVER do this again. 

Where do you see this? Is it posted in the Summer of Darkness forum?

Where do you see this? Is it posted in the Summer of Darkness forum?

I am getting emails from Canvas Network. Starts out like this:

You're signed up to receive a daily report of some notifications from your Canvas account. Below is the report for Jun 5:

I am getting emails from Canvas Network. Starts out like this:

You're signed up to receive a daily report of some notifications from your Canvas account. Below is the report for Jun 5:

Oh my...and what are they emailing him about-- the way the threads are set up??

UPDATE: As of 7 pm. Friday (Eastern time), "La bête humaine (1938), "M" (1931), "The Letter" (1940), "Stranger on the Third Floor" (1940) and "High Sierra" (1941) are available on Watch TCM Movies on Demand.

Ohhhhhhhhh no.............far more inane comments.

Did you sign up for the course? As a result of signing up, I'm getting these emails. I am truly sorry for Richard. :wacko:

I tried to sign up for it, but my computer froze that afternoon and I never finished the registration. Then I made the decision to move at the end of the month, and I thought I would not have the time to devote to an online course so I figured I would wait and take the next course, if they offer another one. Though I've been reading with a great deal of interest all the threads in the Summer of Darkness forum.

So what are their emails to the instructor exactly-- or should I not ask?? :)

UPDATE: As of 7 pm. Friday (Eastern time), "La bête humaine (1938), "M" (1931), "The Letter" (1940), "Stranger on the Third Floor" (1940) and "High Sierra" (1941) are available on Watch TCM Movies on Demand.

I wonder if there is a limit to how many titles they can make available on demand...?

I tried to sign up for it, but my computer froze that afternoon and I never finished the registration. Then I made the decision to move at the end of the month, and I thought I would not have the time to devote to an online course so I figured I would wait and take the next course, if they offer another one. Though I've been reading with a great deal of interest all the threads in the Summer of Darkness forum.

So what are their emails to the instructor exactly-- or should I not ask?? :)

Assuming I don't get shot for quoting some of the best:

How should I be addressing you--Richard, Doctor Edwards...? 

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how can we watch the Fridaymovies on TCM tomorrow? I don't have TV.

Richard  i have  a question  for  you.How  many films  "must"  we watch every Friday?

and apparently somebody has gone off the grid:

Yikes! No, let's not suggest that! Under no circumstances do I want students illegally streaming or downloading films for viewing as a part of this class. Do not do it! 

See what I mean? :o 

Apparently 13K people have signed up! I don't envy Richard!

• Like 1

UPDATE: As of 8 pm. Friday (Eastern time), "La bête humaine (1938), "M" (1931), "The Letter" (1940), "Stranger on the Third Floor" (1940), "High Sierra" (1941) and "The Maltese Falcon" (1941) are available on Watch TCM Movies on Demand.

Assuming I don't get shot for quoting some of the best:

How should I be addressing you--Richard, Doctor Edwards...? 

I'm sure this has been asked before, but how can we watch the Fridaymovies on TCM tomorrow? I don't have TV.

Richard  i have  a question  for  you.How  many films  "must"  we watch every Friday?

and apparently somebody has gone off the grid:

Yikes! No, let's not suggest that! Under no circumstances do I want students illegally streaming or downloading films for viewing as a part of this class. Do not do it! 

See what I mean? :o  

Thanks..that was quite interesting. If they don't have TV, then how did they expect to take this class? Goodness! 

If they are asking how many films they must watch, then obviously it's a chore for some of them and they should not be taking the course at all.

The streaming/downloading question makes me wonder if they were referring to Youtube, or something else? 

UPDATE: As of 9 p.m. Friday (Eastern time), "La bête humaine (1938), "M" (1931), "The Letter" (1940), "Stranger on the Third Floor" (1940), "High Sierra" (1941), "The Maltese Falcon" (1941) and "Journey into Fear" (1942) are available on Watch TCM Movies on Demand.

Lol. I like Sheridan alright but I get what you're saying.

oh I didn't say he was doing a bad job at it, quite the opposite. But there's just a certain mannishness to Ann that is inescapable

For the record, i think she's very good in I WAS A MALE WAR BRIDE (no joke intended there, I just think she is very much at ease in that role for whatever reason, maybe working with a talented male co star brought out the best in her.)

but yeah I don't think shes in top form in NORA PRENTISS...but then again Kent Smith is so aggressively bland, he's not giving her a lot to act off of.

Her co-star, Kent Smith, sure didn't help any--Sheridan carried the film without much help. May Woman on the Run (1950) be much better.

the only film I have ever seen Kent Smith in where I think hes okay is THE DAMNED DONT CRY! but it helps that his character in that film is a spineless worm.

in everything else i've seen him in, he is mayonnaise on white bread.

• Like 1

Woman on the Beach (1950)--excellent overlooked noir that , with a nightmarish last 20 minutes!  Sheridan was good, camerawork was all crazy angles, like a funhouse gone wrong.  Glad I saw it!

Slight correction--

I think you meant WOMAN ON THE RUN starring Ann Sheridan. (WOMAN ON THE BEACH is a different film with Joan Bennett.)

UPDATE: As of 6 a.m. Saturday (Eastern time), the following films were available on Watch TCM Movies on Demand:

1. "M" (1931).

2. "La bête humaine (1938).

3. "The Letter" (1940).

4. "Stranger on the Third Floor" (1940).

5. "High Sierra" (1941).

6. "The Maltese Falcon" (1941).

7. "Journey into Fear" (1942).

8. "Johnny Eager" (1942).

9. "Dark Passage" (1947).

10. "Nora Prentiss" (1947).

• Like 1

UPDATE: As of 6 a.m. Saturday (Eastern time), the following films were available on Watch TCM Movies on Demand:

1. "M" (1931).

2. "La bête humaine (1938).

3. "The Letter" (1940).

4. "Stranger on the Third Floor" (1940).

5. "High Sierra" (1941).

6. "The Maltese Falcon" (1941).

7. "Journey into Fear" (1942).

8. "Johnny Eager" (1942).

9. "Dark Passage" (1947).

10. "Nora Prentiss" (1947).

Interesting. Perhaps TCM is reading here. They've never had that good an On Demand lineup before.

Hope they add Woman On The Run. Whatta movie. Wow.

Woman on the Beach (1950)--excellent overlooked noir that , with a nightmarish last 20 minutes! Sheridan was good, camerawork was all crazy angles, like a funhouse gone wrong. Glad I saw it!

Damn.

I was dog-tired last night and i dont have DVR. I had to quit after the first ten minutes, but i thought Ann was very good in what i saw: a lot more relaxed and interesting to watch than i usually find her.

Muller did a great job in the intro: they need to give him a regular gig at TCM already.