Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trivia -- Week of September 19, 2005

Good morning, everybody! As this week wears on, I'm going to be sorry to see summer go for another year. But I'm also looking forward to fall and its cooler weather -- I guess that's a result of getting older. But on the whole, I just watching the seasons come and go like old friends who stay a while, move on, and come again when the weather changes.

Now, on to this week's movie trivia . . .

Righto, pgm80s! Huston originally wrote his adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's story in the 1950s for Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart, but both actors died before the project really got under way. So it sat for 20 years before he saw the possibilities with Sean Connery and Michael Caine in the the principal roles.

Wow! Everything's back up now. Just been clicking around the boards a little bit, and though I don't see anything radically different, I hope it's all for the better.

Oh yes, Wednesday's answer: Fred Astaire was the object of those fans' desparate pleas. He had announced his (first) retirement with the release of his 1946 Paramount musical BLUE SKIES.

And lolite, my leg is healing nicely. I'm out of the tape and gauze now, and wearing a local bandage on my ankle while the ulcers continue to heal. Thanks for your concern!