Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Sunshine Noir" at the Brattle Theater in Cambridge, Ma

For anyone who lives in or around the Boston area, the Brattle Theater is doing a Repertory Series this week called "Sunshine Noir", showing several Neo-Noir films from "Chinatown" to "The Big Lebowski" and last year's "Inherent Vice". It's only running from June 5-11, however. I'm sorry it's such short notice, I only just found out about it. I'd also like to point out that Robert Altman's "The Long Goodbye" (1973) is playing tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon and evening. It will also be featured in the Summer of Darkness festival sometime next month. If you'd prefer to see it on a big screen, here is your chance! Anyone who can should try to make it to at least one of these screenings! Here is the link: http://www.brattlefilm.org/category/calendar-2/repertory-series/sunshine-noir/

This sub theme of film noir is also film soleil or even film blanc, and became the dominant form of noir after 1958 ... The remake of Tge Killers by Siegel is an example, but there are other anticipating films such as Inferno, with Robert Ryan, and Wilder's Ace in the Hole. Soleil marked a shift in the moral stakes of traditional film noir, with sympathetic crooks and successful crimes and scams.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings