Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Told child actor dog died.

So many years ago I came across a piece of triva that takes about a while they were filming the wanted a greater reaction from the child actor. So before filming a scene where the child actor was supposed to be upsew the told him that his dog in real life had died then made him shoot the scene then reunited the dog with the boy after. However for the life of me I can remember what movie it was! Any ideas?

So many years ago I came across a piece of triva that takes about a while they were filming the wanted a greater reaction from the child actor. So before filming a scene where the child actor was supposed to be upsew the told him that his dog in real life had died then made him shoot the scene then reunited the dog with the boy after. However for the life of me I can remember what movie it was! Any ideas?

Jackie Cooper

He titled his autobigoraphy Please Don't Shoot My Dog

I understand that they did a similar thing to Margaret O'Brien during the filming of an emotional scene in "Meet Me in St. Louis."

I guess if the trick worked once, it would work again. These poor kid movie stars. Talk about traumatic!  :)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings