Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with the name of a movie

3turtles

I am trying to find the name of a movie that I saw as a child.  I think it was approximately 1965, and I saw a movie that had a military theme.  The only thing I can remember about it is that the main character, a man who was in some type of military uniform, ends up in the hospital laying on his stomach.  He must have been injured on his backside somehow, and his friends come to visit him in the hospital.  Out of the ceiling, or top of the hospital bed, 2 "arms" (like broomsticks with white gloved hands on the end) come down and start to tickle him on the back, which makes him laugh.  That was the end of the movie, and it fascinated me as a child.  I've been trying for years to find out what movie that was.  Any help would be appreciated.

I am trying to find the name of a movie that I saw as a child.  I think it was approximately 1965, and I saw a movie that had a military theme.  The only thing I can remember about it is that the main character, a man who was in some type of military uniform, ends up in the hospital laying on his stomach.  He must have been injured on his backside somehow, and his friends come to visit him in the hospital.  Out of the ceiling, or top of the hospital bed, 2 "arms" (like broomsticks with white gloved hands on the end) come down and start to tickle him on the back, which makes him laugh.  That was the end of the movie, and it fascinated me as a child.  I've been trying for years to find out what movie that was.  Any help would be appreciated.

False memory maybe? Maybe confusing 2 different films?

Can anyone name the movie that has a scene were the very sexy blonde heroine is eating cold left over chicken leg/drumstick.?

You already posted that question on June 8th in another thread.  It was answered on Friday night as "To Catch A Thief".  If you delete your post from this thread, then I'll delete mine.

Thank you so much for the suggestion of the movie "The Wings of Eagles".  Very close, but no cigar.  I should have mentioned that the film that I saw as a child was what I would consider to be a comedy.  I really appreciate your response, and any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you once again for your suggestion of "Mad, Mad World".  It's still not the one, but I am so grateful for your suggestions.  Please be the little engine that could and help me figure this out!  My memories are from a long time ago.  My impression of the movie is that the main character was an Army guy, and it seemed like things always went wrong for him, and he was often down/depressed.  I think at the end when his friends came to the hospital, there might have been a woman along with one or two men. The main thing I remember is the arms tickling him.  Fascinating, and as a child I wondered if such a thing could really happen! 

Thank you once again for your suggestion of "Mad, Mad World".  It's still not the one, but I am so grateful for your suggestions.  Please be the little engine that could and help me figure this out!  My memories are from a long time ago.  My impression of the movie is that the main character was an Army guy, and it seemed like things always went wrong for him, and he was often down/depressed.  I think at the end when his friends came to the hospital, there might have been a woman along with one or two men. The main thing I remember is the arms tickling him.  Fascinating, and as a child I wondered if such a thing could really happen! 

This is more fun than actually finding the answer

:P

Eventually, one of us will see these scenes in a movie and rush right over to our pooters and ring you up. There doesn't happen to be a blonde lady with a pea coat and hat doing some runway modeling.. nawww.. couldn't be.. never mind.

When I first read this the first thing that came to me was The Horizontal Lieutenant with Jim Hutton & Paula Prentisd but I don't remember a scene with gloves on sticks.

My first thought of the "gloves on sticks" was a cartoon.

There were lots of toons like that back in those days.

My first thought of the "gloves on sticks" was a cartoon.

There were lots of toons like that back in those days.

I was thinking maybe something with above ordinary visual gags, like Three Stooges, or maybe since it was remembered to be a war piece, something Kay Kyser did - such as Around The World (1943), a not-so-serious USO/musical type of movie.  Kyser's theatrics included a trombone player in Kyser's band, "Kollege Of Musical Knowledge", who had a cukoo clock mounted to the end of his trombone slide, etc.  Lots of handmade visual gags but before Spike Jones.  In fact, Spike Jones may be another place to look.

Another one full of cartoon-like props is The Horn Blows At Midnight (1945) with Jack Benny.  Not in the War/Comedy genre, but Comedy/Fantasy/Music.  Surreal to the hilt.

I'd think of movies like that, provided you're sure it's not a cartoon.

It looks like I have about 65 movies in my personal list (too many to list for this post) that match the War/Comedy criteria but if you are interested I could get back.

P.S. Not sure if you meant you saw it in 1965, or if it was made in 1965.

The movie was definitely NOT a cartoon.  I don't know when the movie was made, but I'm guessing that I saw it around 1965 because I think I was around 7 years old.  It was probably made in the 1960's.  My uncle was in the movie/theater business, and he would occasionally invite us to his house to see a movie.  This is where and how I saw the movie.  Unfortunately, he is in his 80's and is unable to remember the movie.  Thanks to all who have responded.  I sincerely appreciate your help!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings