Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

might be related to/tcm ella raines?

Halroy

TCM has never shown an Ella Raines movie in my, opinion. At least not in three years. My family's from California and they lived there about the time she acted, though I found no proof I was related to her. I have only seen one clip of a film she was in, where she was at a jazz club. Does anyone know if TCM does not show her movies for some reason?

TCM has never shown an Ella Raines movie in my, opinion. At least not in three years. My family's from California and they lived there about the time she acted, though I found no proof I was related to her. I have only seen one clip of a film she was in, where she was at a jazz club. Does anyone know if TCM does not show her movies for some reason?

They have shown her movies in the last three years, and she has been discussed here.  Put her name in the Search at the top right of this page.  You will find lots of posts.

• Like 1

As Cinemafan said,  TCM has shown films Raines is in.   E.G.  Brute Force,  Cry Havoc, and Hail the Conquering Hero.

TCM wouldn't boycott any actor.      (but I'm not sure what you were trying to get at with 'not show her movies for some reason').

Note that TCM does focus mainly on movies from MGM, Warner Bros, and RKO (what some call the Ted Turner library),  but they do show films from other studios like Paramount,  Universal, Columbia,  Fox, and United Artist.  

Hi. I never meant to say that Ella Raines was too bad be on TCM. I'm still waiting to see her movies, and honestly the only ones I could pick out of a group are Lana Turner and her. I thought the Lana Turner movies were awesome. Though I think the one I really wanted to see was Phantom Lady. Hopefully she'll be on tv soon. I did not know she was in a western. I really like them too.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings