Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ron Moody, Fagin in 1968's OLIVER!, has died

Barton_Keyes

Actor Ron Moody, who played Fagin in the 1968 movie version of OLIVER!, has died at the age of 91.

Moody was Oscar-nominated for his role in Carol Reed's musical adaptation of the Dickens classic, and won a Golden Globe for the performance.

In a career that spanned several decades, Moody is also well remembered for his turn as Merlin in the Disney's A KID IN KING ARTHUR'S COURT (1995).

Moody was also quite memorable in Mel Brooks' THE TWELVE CHAIRS (1970). I also cannot fail to mention his entertaining role opposite Margaret Rutherford's Miss Marple in MURDER MOST FOUL (1964).

The BBC remembers Moody here: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33094914?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_films&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=campaign

• Like 1

Cripes!  I didn't even KNOW about Christopher Lee!

Moody was good, too.  didn't like OLIVER, but his appearances in other movies were good ones.

As for Lee, WHO can deny that VOICE?  I also recall his hilarious appearance on SNL in the '70's.

Sepiatone

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings