Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert & Ben don't forget our celebs

Not trying to tell you your job guys! But you have a lot of competition our here POP, ACM,IFC and all that alphabet soup(lol) now you know what a great fan I was Billy Jack and the man and actor that played him,Tom! And except young Benjamin we ain't getting any younger Robert!(ha-ha) So do us a favor highlight some of of the great folks that are still around like Doris Day and Jerry Lewis!!! Yeah you guys do a little but you could do more like devote and entire month to each of them and I implore other fans to reach out to you to give you more ideas and names so we can recognize and give our best and flowers to them while we still have them...instead of dropping the ball and forgetting about them!? Everyone needs a good scolding and chewing out every once in a while including you Robert and Ben!(HOO-rah)

Not trying to tell you your job guys! But you have a lot of competition our here POP, ACM,IFC and all that alphabet soup(lol) now you know what a great fan I was Billy Jack and the man and actor that played him,Tom! And except young Benjamin we ain't getting any younger Robert!(ha-ha) So do us a favor highlight some of of the great folks that are still around like Doris Day and Jerry Lewis!!! Yeah you guys do a little but you could do more like devote and entire month to each of them and I implore other fans to reach out to you to give you more ideas and names so we can recognize and give our best and flowers to them while we still have them...instead of dropping the ball and forgetting about them!? Everyone needs a good scolding and chewing out every once in a while including you Robert and Ben!(HOO-rah)

TCM has done tributes for Doris Day.   They show her movies a lot.   A lot.    But a whole months?   I'm not sure what you mean by that but I hope you don't mean 24 \ 7 showing of any actor,s movies for a whole month.  

TCM doesn't forget anyone.   Instead there are many,  many actors (alive and dead),  from the studio-era and TCM has to mix up their programming instead of focusing too much on any one star,  genre,  studio,  director,  etc...

Everyone needs a good scolding and chewing out every once in a while including you Robert and Ben!(HOO-rah)

If you want to "scold" somebody because you don't like TCM's programming, that's all well and good, but you should  blame the right people. Robert and Ben are just the on-air hosts, they have no say when it comes to programming. TCM has a programming department that makes those decisions. 

• Like 1

Why does this post show "zero" views when there were two replies?  Surely a reply counts as a view. 

I've just looked again and it shows 115 views!  How baffling.  Maybe I viewed it through a Twilight Zone parallel universe or something.

Encore Retro has leased most of the Jerry Lewis films so TCM can't get them. That's why they are not on TCM. If the TCM programmers can't lease something it's not their fault. IFC and Sundance use to be good channels but AMC Networks bought them and ruined them.

Why does this post show "zero" views when there were two replies?  Surely a reply counts as a view. 

I've just looked again and it shows 115 views!  How baffling.  Maybe I viewed it through a Twilight Zone parallel universe or something.

I'm so quick on the post trigger finger that I sometimes reply without viewing the post.

Note the arrow on the side.    I believe that indicates the thread was moved.    So it shows zero views under one 'location' and the correct number under another.        

It was moved from chit-chat to general discussions since the topic of the thread is related to movies. 

I suppose you also think they watch the film live along with audience.