Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Great nipkowdisc trivia challenge event

NipkowDisc

not really an event. just said that to sound muckety muckish. actually, it's just a couple of questions off the top of my point.  :)

as we all know, tcm ran one of my favorites tuesday nite at eleven forty-five, dog day afternoon, a four star film. now if joel schumacher had subordinated his ego and had sidney lumet who directed this direct falling down with michael douglas, it woulda been a megahit on the caliber of dog day afternoon...

but he didn't and so that is why nobody even remembers falling down today. :D

but anyways, my trivia questions, first, the big one...

in the bank mulvaney has a small black & white portable TV on his desk. what year, make and model is it?

here is another one totally unrelated to dog day afternoon...

name two films where Anthony Quinn and Earl Holiman play father and son?

nip- PLEASE do NOT start anymore threads like this one in trivia. We already have threads just like the one you started and it crowds the bd. We have a couple of name the movie types of threads and we have lots of movie trivia, ultimate trivia trivia game, etc. Your thread in unnecessary. If you want to play in games,  answer a question and you'll get a chance to post a question, but PLEASE do NOT start threads that are just more of the same that we already have a lot of. Also your moniker is NOT neccessary to post in the title of the thread.

Obviously you wanted us to post your HOT SPELL film as one answer and the other is Last Train from Gun Hill. 

nip- PLEASE do NOT start anymore threads like this one in trivia. We already have threads just like the one you started and it crowds the bd. We have a couple of name the movie types of threads and we have lots of movie trivia, ultimate trivia trivia game, etc. Your thread in unnecessary. If you want to play in games,  answer a question and you'll get a chance to post a question, but PLEASE do NOT start threads that are just more of the same that we already have a lot of. Also your moniker is NOT neccessary to post in the title of the thread.

Obviously you wanted us to post your HOT SPELL film as one answer and the other is Last Train from Gun Hill. 

I guess Nip doesn't want to go up against the heavy hitters in the trivia threads.

just to be fair here, this was originally posted in GD & the mods moved it here :)

& his other question....

from "Dog Day Afternoon"...

"in the bank mulvaney has a small black & white portable TV on his desk. what year, make and model is it?"

is still pending......

Nip, some time ago we had a discussion in this forum about the difference between trivia and minutiae.  Minutiae would be something that is not important enough that the vast majority of people watching would notice.  Your question about the TV is like asking what is the year, make, and model of the car that Humphrey Bogart drove up the mountain in "High Sierra".  I'm sure that there are car afficionados who might know, but it's not at all important.  What was the make and model of Pacino's gun in "Dog Day Afternoon"?  I don't know,.  Maybe the prop man knows.  Unless you're a TV repairman, how would you know the year and model of the TV?  The movie is set in 1972 and the TV is a Sony.  I went to the trouble of finding this clip:

Please refrain from this type of question again.  Thank you. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings