Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CE3K shown edited the past saturday nite?

NipkowDisc

last saturday evening's latest showing of Close Encounters of the Third Kind seemed to be edited. missing was the scene with roy neary taking a shower in the bathtub while hilariously commenting on the waterproofness of his wristwatch. that scene has been in every cut of CE3K I've ever seen but not last saturday nite.

my guess would be that they just aired the print they had which was already edited since I doan believe tcm would even extend themselves to shorten a film. :)

So now 3K stands for "Third Kind" and not "three thousand?"  I am really falling behind in my text-messaging jargon.

well, I first saw Close Encounters of the Third Kind abbreviated like that in the pages of STARLOG magazine in 1977 many months before it's theatrical release so I guess it's Kerry O'Quinn's fault.  :)

last saturday evening's latest showing of Close Encounters of the Third Kind seemed to be edited. missing was the scene with roy neary taking a shower in the bathtub while hilariously commenting on the waterproofness of his wristwatch. that scene has been in every cut of CE3K I've ever seen but not last saturday nite.
my guess would be that they just aired the print they had which was already edited since I doan believe tcm would even extend themselves to shorten a film. :)

I'm still waiting for The Special Television Edition to show up here on TCM - with the shots of Roy inside the mothership at the end.

I've seen that version. As I recall, it wasn't worth waiting for.

You're right. The only big differences I can recall were those shots of the mothership's innerds

and those weren't worth standing in line for.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings