Comment on NIGHTMARE ALLEY

Kay

Yes, I think he used a snake as a concert prop, sort of a

living feather boa. I was a big Cooper fan in the early 1970s,

but lost interest when he went solo. The band did have some

good hard rock songs. There was one song that had Dwight

Fry(e) in the title.

Wiki comes through again.:

• Alice Cooper included a song titled "Ballad of Dwight Fry" (without the final "e") on their 1971 album Love It to Death. It is sung from the point of view of a character such as the actor might have played. The 2012 Tim Burton film Dark Shadows features a cameo by Cooper performing the song.

LOL. Yeah, I thought he "wore" it like a boa......

Didn't Alice Cooper or Ted Nugent or someone of that ilk bite the heads off chickens in their act?

( Actually, I kind of like Mr. Cooper. Maybe it was Ozzie Osbourne?)

Alice Cooper always denied fhe story, but I don't remember what was his benign explanation that was the source of this rumor.

(foot stomp ! )  Why do you always go on about murders and violence in film noir? Yes, sure, there is often violence, to a greater or lesser degree, and often- but not always - there's a murder. Or two.

The problem is film noir was never defined properly so movies that have less violence than Bambi can still be regarded as film noir today. Night and the City is like Nightmare Alley on steroids, yet both are apparently treated equally as film noir when they shouldn't be.

Film noir is like string theory in Physics. You may not know what string theory is but it was an everything solution created to solve a problem and became accepted as fact when it cannot actually be proven.

Film noir as such is an art, not a science. So it is open to interpretation and has grown to encompass far too many movies. Anyone who seriously studies film noir eventually ends up mad because there is no way to understand what it is or isn't. Just like in love, you are somehow suppose to know it when you see it and feel it, lol.

Film noir is now a marketing tool to sell books / DVDs and that is why the genie cannot be put back in the bottle. If you tell a lie enough it eventually becomes the truth, as film noir is now a huge collection of movies that have no rhyme or reason behind them other than B&W. Some movies called film noir today are a total joke, and have actually hurt the real film noir movies.

It's too bad film noir was never treated as a science as we could have limited it to maybe 30 to 50 movies that deserve special recognition. Instead we got a wink and a promise. And does this surprise anyone? Look at the fiasco called the Oscars today. This same industry that perpetrates that is suppose to make sense of film noir? Pu u lee ze.

Alice Cooper always denied fhe story, but I don't remember what was his benign explanation that was the source of this rumor.

Cooper has said that the birds and blood were fake and just props used to amp up the entertain.     Sounds logical.  With all the lights and 99% of the audience being stoned and \ or drunk,  who would notice!  ;)

Cooper has said that the birds and blood were fake and just props used to amp up the entertain.     Sounds logical.  With all the lights and 99% of the audience being stoned and \ or drunk,  who would notice!  ;)

Yeah that came later. But he had a story on how it first happened, and how it quickly got misreported or misinterpreted.