Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Spooky Month October is Coming!

darkblue

I'd like to see three of Val Lewtons' lesser known films:

The Leopard Man (1943)

Ghost Ship (1943)

Isle of the Dead (1945)

Jacques Tourniers (sp?) Night of the Demon (1958)

The first three Frankenstein movies--Frankenstein (1931), Bride of Frankenstein (1935) & Son of Frankenstein (1939)

Vincent Prices' A.I.P. Edgar Allan Poe films--Fall of the House of Usher (1960), The Pit & The Pendulum (1961). The Masque of the Red Death (1964), & Tomb of Ligaeia (sp?) (1965)

Christopher Lee's horror films--all of them

And on Halloween, of course-- The Haunting (1963)

• Like 1

I've been submitting an October list for years. Naturally, I'd like to see some classic Universals (even though I own them on DVD). I'd also like to see some of the (in)famous Mexican horror films released here ca. 1959-65; some Euro horrors featuring Barbara Steele and Christopher Lee; some Republic horrors (especially VALLEY OF THE ZOMBIES); some 30s poverty row horrors; NIGHT OF TERROR (Col., 1933 w/ Lugosi); MURDER BY THE CLOCK (Par., 1931); THINGS HAPPEN AT NIGHT (1948 - British); SEVEN FOOTPRINTS TO SATAN (1929 w/ Thelma Todd); TRICK FOR TRICK (Fox, 1933); THE LAST WARNING (Univ., 1929).

• Like 3

On Halloween day, I would like to see some or all of:

Dracula (Bela Lugosi)

Dracula Has Risen from the Grave (Christopher Lee)

Dracula Prince of Darkness (Christopher Lee)

The Mummy (Christopher Lee)

Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein

The Spiral Staircase (George Brent)

Cat People (1940s version)

• Like 1

Here's what I want... for The Mysterious Island (1929), plus Genocide (1968) and The X from Outer Space (1967) to be rescheduled as Silent Sunday/Imports. They were canceled the April before last and were never shown. I don't care how bad they might be or how disappointed I'll be when I finally see them. Gimme.

And if you want to make me really happy you can show Onibaba (1964). In fact, a spotlight on horror films in Japan (or around the world) would be amazing.

• Like 1

Here are some entries from my MovieCollector official-unofficial hard-to-find wishlist.  (stuff I don't have).  Maybe TCM has some of these.  Kudos to TCM for showing as many rare movies as they have.

The Attic (1980) - Ray Milland.

A librarian devotes her life to caring for her wheelchair-bound tyrannical father after being stood up at the altar. She fantasizes about causing deaths of the men who most wronged her and finds joy only with her pet monkey. Her monkey disappears and a shocking past is revealed.

Beware Spooks! (1939) - Joe E. Brown.

A bumbling detective chases an escaped convict in an amusement park haunted house.

The Comedy of Terrors (1963) - Vincent Price • Peter Lorre • Boris Karloff • Joyce Jameson • Joe E. Brown • Beverly Powers • Basil Rathbone.

Waldo Trumbull, an undertaker who hasn't had any 'customers' in a long time is forced the pay one year's back-rent. To get money he starts to kill people in order to get new clients.

This one's a biggie on my wish list.

The Devil and Daniel Webster / "All That Money Can Buy" (1941) - Edward Arnold • Walter Huston • Jane Darwell.

A nineteenth-century New Hampshire farmer who makes a compact with Satan for economic success enlists Daniel Webster to extract him from his contract.

Gallery of Horror (1967) - Lon Chaney Jr • John Carradine.

John Carradine narrates five horror tales, each with a comically predictable surprise ending.

-from IMDB comments: "The sets look straight out of a play put on by a rural high school. The script is completely ludicrous. In other words - total entertainment! Don't miss it."

Ghost Catchers (1944) - Ole Olsen • Chic Johnson

Two zanies get mixed up with a Southern colonel, his beautiful daughters, a nightclub and a haunted mansion.

Hillbillys in a Haunted House (1967) - Ferlin Husky • Joi Lansing • Don Bowman • John Carradine • Lon Chaney Jr • Linda Ho • Basil Rathbone • Molly Bee • Merle Haggard • Sonny James.

Country singers on their way to Nashville have car trouble, forcing them to stop at an old haunted mansion. Soon they realize that the house is not only haunted, but is also the headquarters of a ring of international spies after a top secret formula for rocket fuel.

House by the River (1950) - Louis Hayward • Lee Bowman • Jane Wyatt

Director: Fritz Lang

A deranged writer murders a maid after she resists his advances. The writer engages his brother's help in hiding the body, and then watches as the brother becomes the prime suspect.

Premature Burial (1962) - Ray Milland • Hazel Court • Richard Ney

Director: Roger Corman

An artist grows distant from his new wife as an irrational horror of premature burial consumes him.

The Private Eyes (1980) - Tim Conway • Don Knotts

This spoof of the Sherlock Holmes stories finds Inspector Winship and Dr. Tart investigating a strange death in a possibly haunted mansion, while dealing with the beautiful heiress and the crazed staff which live therein.

Secret Beyond the Door... (1947) - Joan Bennett • Michael Redgrave

Director: Fritz Lang

When a lovely wife and her new husband, settle in an ancient mansion on the East coast, she discovers he may want to kill her.

The Sorrows of Satan (1926) - Adolf Menjou (as Satan)

Director: D.W. Griffith

Terror in the Wax Museum (1973) - Ray Milland • Elsa Lanchester • Maurice Evans • John Carradine

Where Were You When the Lights Went Out? (1968) - Doris Day • Robert Morse • Terry-Thomas.

When the Great Northeast Blackout of 1965 hit, millions of people were left in the dark, including Waldo Zane, a New York executive in the process of stealing a fortune from his company, and two people whose paths he's destined to cross, Broadway actress Margaret Garrison and her husband, Peter.

• Like 3

The Comedy of Terrors (1963) - Vincent Price • Peter Lorre • Boris Karloff • Joyce Jameson • Joe E. Brown • Beverly Powers • Basil Rathbone.

Waldo Trumbull, an undertaker who hasn't had any 'customers' in a long time is forced the pay one year's back-rent. To get money he starts to kill people in order to get new clients.

This one's a biggie on my wish list.

Yeah! I've wanted to see that one, too. There's a copy on YouTube, but I consider it unwatchable for the slightly squeezed aspect ratio. And The Sorrows of Satan? Never heard of it, but it sounds terribly interesting! Hope your list pans out this year.

• Like 1

Yeah! I've wanted to see that one, too. There's a copy on YouTube, but I consider it unwatchable for the slightly squeezed aspect ratio. And The Sorrows of Satan? Never heard of it, but it sounds terribly interesting! Hope your list pans out this year.

Hey, wouldn't you know, Mysterious Island (1929) is on my wish list too!  I must have scrolled right past it as I was narrowing it down for "Spooky" topics.

To this day I'm skittish around red hooded capes!   Not that you see too many, but still.  :o  

Great, great film. It sent a pregnant friend of mine into labour. She went from the movie theater to the ER.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings