Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Real Message Board Milestone!

Speedy, everyone's pretty excited about your special day.

e6e6ae81852e.jpg  

Have the best birthday ever!

Thanks Miles! I'm not crazy about Errol's Robin Hood wig, but you gotta admit that that man has a nice smile. 

A great set of teeth seems rare among stars from that era.  Have you seen Bogart's teeth? Or John Huston's? yikes!

• Like 1

Now here's a thread that deserves to sit at the top of the page.

Happy Birthday, Speedracer! 

5x21aq.jpg

Thanks Eugenia! Great picture.  Not many men can rock a turtleneck like he can!

Happy Birthday speedracer!

Have a wonderful day. May you always walk in sunshine.

Thanks mockingbird!

Your 'sunshine' statement made me think of a song from one of my favorite shows of all time...

"I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun is callin' my name...everybody's smilin' Sunshine Day!"

Sorry.  I've been on a Brady Bunch OD recently.  Yesterday, I found out that it takes 1 disc + 2 episodes of the show to paint the room in my basement where I'm going to store all my DVDs.  Lol!

Happy Birthday, sweet Kayla. Thank you

being my best fan. I am waiting for you in

afterlife land, it is rather dull here without

you. But don't hurry, have a wonderful life

down there in the world. I'll wait for you.

It's easy being patient when you're where

I am. Besides, we'll have eterntiy to be

together. I hope that's not too long for

you. It isn't for me. Have a great birthday!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Yours always,

Errol

===

[Thanks to Eugenia for letting

laffite steal the Errol pic you

posted---laffite]

Thanks Laffite for relaying Errol's message to me.  It's nice to think that he's waiting for me when he's inevitably got a lot of other ladies chasing him around!

Thanks mockingbird!

Your 'sunshine' statement made me think of a song from one of my favorite shows of all time...

"I think I'll go for a walk outside now, the summer sun is callin' my name...everybody's smilin' Sunshine Day!"

Sorry. I've been on a Brady Bunch OD recently. Yesterday, I found out that it takes 1 disc + 2 episodes of the show to paint the room in my basement where I'm going to store all my DVDs. Lol!

I grew up with the Brady Bunch too. Every day after school I would watch re-runs. I'm sure I've seen each episode 10 times. Actually I have the first season and I still watch it from time to time. It's fun and nostalgic.

Plus I'm sure it made painting your room a little more pleasant, enjoyable or just a bit easier. ☺

I hope you had a great day!

• Like 1

I grew up with the Brady Bunch too. Every day after school I would watch re-runs. I'm sure I've seen each episode 10 times. Actually I have the first season and I still watch it from time to time. It's fun and nostalgic.

Plus I'm sure it made painting your room a little more pleasant, enjoyable or just a bit easier. ☺

I hope you had a great day!

Thanks.

I have the entire series.  Lol.  I was watching the first season yesterday while painting.  Though that season isn't my favorite-- I like the ones where the kids are a little bit older, minus Cousin Oliver.  Yuck! I've probably seen every episode dozens of times.  I remember it airing on TBS after school, at like 3:05 and 3:35 (Remember when TBS had all their programming start 5 mins after?) and on Nick at Nite.  I love the show.  It's corny and a little sappy, but very charming.  I love the episodes where they sing.

My favorite episode is probably the Johnny Bravo episode.  I love Greg's song at the beginning, "...You've Got to Be in Love to Love a Love Song..." and later when his bubble is burst when the music agent says: "You fit the suit."

A close second favorite episode is the one where Greg steals the rival high school's mascot, a goat named Raquel, and he has to hide her in his room.  That episode is hilarious especially when Mike hears about Raquel in Greg's room and thinks he's had a girl in there all night. 

GREG: I should have never gotten involved with a beast like that

MIKE (Still thinking Raquel is a girl): Greg, That is a dreadful thing to say about a girl no matter what she looks like.

It definitely helped pass the time painting.  I hate painting!

• Like 1

3200027-circa-1940-tasmanian-actor-errol

"I wish that lady in the hat would stop trying to get my attention.  I only have thoughts for Speedy on her birthday and am sending her telepathic messages of Many Happy Returns."

Lol! Thanks!

Hope your upcoming birthday is the best ever, speedracer!

Here's another great admirer of your fella:

Lol.  I've seen this video.  It's so cute how Olivia gets all flustered and shy.  I also like when Dinah waved off her producer who was trying to go to commercial by saying something like: "no time for that, we need to get the dirt on this (Olivia and Errol's "relationship")"

Lol.  I've seen this video.  It's so cute how Olivia gets all flustered and shy.  I also like when Dinah waved off her producer who was trying to go to commercial by saying something like: "no time for that, we need to get the dirt on this (Olivia and Errol's "relationship")"

Dinah was great and knew what was important!  And the way Olivia played with her pearls....  She obviously adored him.

• Like 1

Dinah was great and knew what was important!  And the way Olivia played with her pearls....  She obviously adored him.

Screw the commercials.  Who cares about those.  I loved how Olivia fidgeted with her pearls.  It was so cute.  I agree, while I don't think the two ever dated seriously (I think I read that they may have gone out once, but I think it was a date and nothing else happened afterward) she definitely had a crush and who could blame her? I really envy her, she got to make not 1, not 2 but 9 movies with Errol and I think got to be close to him in each and every one--of all the men at Warners that she could have been paired up with, she really lucked out.  My luck I wouldn't get the dreamy Flynn, I'd probably get stuck with old George Raft or something! Bor-ing!

Oh how I would have loved being cuddled up next to him at the end of Dodge City

tumblr_lfuya5ShqZ1qb5cy3o1_500.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Laffite for relaying Errol's message to me.  It's nice to think that he's waiting for me when he's inevitably got a lot of other ladies chasing him around!

And he's getting away from them. Besides, he has been heard whistling "I've only got eyes for you," that classic song. But instead of whistling "you" he is whistling "kayla" which is quite hard to do if you think about it. Even though it was just whistling, it says something.

errol_flynn_dog_car.jpg

"You don't say!  I'm a week early for Speedy's birthday?  My pooch and I will take a little road trip and be back just in time."

Don't bother Errol! You and your dog can spend the week with me!

And he's getting away from them. Besides, he has been heard whistling "I've only got eyes for you," that classic song. But instead of whistling "you" he is whistling "kayla" which is quite hard to do if you think about it. Even though it was just whistling, it says something.

Lol.  Well he's a man of many talents apparently: diving, swimming, tennis, cooking, writing, sailing, fishing.. Why wouldn't he be an excellent whistler too? He should have been hired to record the theme to The Third Man!