Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone interested in setting having a chat party over on the Canvas board?

What is the canvas board?

Oh. The Canvas board is the board used by those that are taking the film noir class. I only suggested that cuz we don't have chat here and there doesn't seem to be a real dialogue on the Twitter page #Noirsummer

Thanks for asking. I was beginning to feel like a proverbial Leper...

I like this idea, because real time interactions allow for some good engagement and conversations.

I'll figure out a way to get the word out - I have a weekly memo coming up and that goes to all 18,000 students. If I put an announcement in it, that would help spread the word.

FYI, topics that aren't pinned don't get as many views as the pinned ones at the top.

The biggest challenge I think would be to figure out a time which will be convenient for a lot of students.

And suggestions are welcome for the best way to live chat with at least a decent sized group of interested students. Chat is a feature at our Canvas course site, though I am still checking to see how many simultaneous students we can have in that chat room and make it manageable. 

Kind of like our own variant of #TCMParty. 

• Like 4

I like this idea, because real time interactions allow for some good engagement and conversations.

I'll figure out a way to get the word out - I have a weekly memo coming up and that goes to all 18,000 students. If I put an announcement in it, that would help spread the word.

FYI, topics that aren't pinned don't get as many views as the pinned ones at the top.

The biggest challenge I think would be to figure out a time which will be convenient for a lot of students.

And suggestions are welcome for the best way to live chat with at least a decent sized group of interested students. Chat is a feature at our Canvas course site, though I am still checking to see how many simultaneous students we can have in that chat room and make it manageable. 

Kind of like our own variant of #TCMParty.

This being the case, you may consider pinning this for a while to see if there are any takers...

• Like 1