Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richard Kimble

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

Seriously,  how the heck does someone get informed of these passings?  Just wondering.

• Like 1

Because I'm morbid I go to 'Wikipedia.org' every day and look at the 'Recent Deaths' section.  I keep fairly updated on who is taking The Ultimate Dirt Nap. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Roy Cronin said:

Seriously,  how the heck does someone get informed of these passings?  Just wondering.

Sometimes with the big names, I find out about them on Facebook or on a search engine....

• Like 3

I just gotta say it:  A band in China re-recorded the song as I LOVE WOK AND ROLL (!) 

• Haha 1

Patricia Bosworth (April 24, 1933 – April 2, 2020)

She appeared in: The Nun's Story (1959) as Simone.

• Thanks 1

One of my best friends pased away yesterday from complications of covid-19.  Jay Benedict.  An American actor working and living in London.  His good friend Pierce Brosnan posted this message and a great photo on his Instagram account...

For more about Jay, go to this wikipedia page ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Benedict

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

James Drury, died yesterday at the age of 85. The laconic western character named "The Virginian" was originally written by Owen Wister in his 1902 novel called "The Virginian, A Horseman of the Plains,” in which the name of the main character was never revealed. The series came to NBC television in 1962 and was the first 90 minute western to be telecast.

Drury played the title character in 249 episodes of the series. His co-star for the entire series run also appeared in the same number of episodes, Doug McClure who passed away in 1995 at the young age of 59.

The series centered around the adventures of the Shiloh Ranch near the small town of Medicine Bow in the Wyoming Territory of the 1890s. The ranch was owned in sequence by Judge Henry Garth (Lee J. Cobb), the Grainger brothers (first John Grainger played by Charles Bickford and later by Clay Grainger played by John McIntyre, and then by Colonel Alan MacKenzie (Stewart Granger). It was not your typical "shoot-em Up" western. The series was different in that it explored many different topics over it's nine year run and had many, many wonderful guest stars over the years including, Raquel Welch, Nancy Sinatra, Leon Ames, Rhonda Fleming, Ruth Roman, Harry Dean Stanton, Michael J. Pollard, Perry Lopez, Anthony Zerbe, Agnes Moorehead, Mel Torme, Andrew Duggan, Julie Adams, Katharine Ross, Ellen Burnstyn, Ryan O'Neal, Robert Redford, Bette Davis, Ralph Meeker, Brock Peters, Aldo Ray, and many others.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/james-drury-dead-dies-the-virginian-1234572123/

• Thanks 2