Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

Musician and founding member of Sweet, Steve Priest, has passed away at the age of 72. I used to steal Sweet's albums from my older sister and play them in my room (my dad thought I was too young to own them myself, but he didn't care if I listened to her records 😄.)

Through all the glam, they were all serious musicians.

~RIP, Mr. Priest

https://news.yahoo.com/sweet-bassist-steve-priest-dies-085604358.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Notable gymnast Kurt Thomas, star of the cult-y 1985 potboiler GYMKATA, died June 5 at age 64 due to complications resulting from a stroke he suffered on May 24.  I think TCM has aired "Gymkata" before, btw.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

Notable gymnast Kurt Thomas, star of the cult-y 1985 potboiler GYMKATA, died June 5 at age 64 due to complications resulting from a stroke he suffered on May 24.  I think TCM has aired "Gymkata" before, btw.  

Yes, they have!

• Thanks 1
On 6/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, sagebrush said:

Musician and founding member of Sweet, Steve Priest, has passed away at the age of 72. I used to steal Sweet's albums from my older sister and play them in my room (my dad thought I was too young to own them myself, but he didn't care if I listened to her records 😄.)

Through all the glam, they were all serious musicians.

~RIP, Mr. Priest

https://news.yahoo.com/sweet-bassist-steve-priest-dies-085604358.html

Loved listening to their music too...good memories!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I apologize as she was not connected directly to movies but I have now learned of the passing of: Elsa Dorfman on the last Saturday of May. She was a portrait photographer who captured the images of many whose work significantly influenced the arts. Her photographs of: Allen Ginsberg, Bob Dylan and Steven Tyler are well known. Her portrait of: Anaïs Nin is stunning. Her work is displayed in museums around the world.

1edorfman-e1581107026151.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/22/2020 at 8:41 PM, SansFin said:

I apologize as she was not connected directly to movies but I have now learned of the passing of: Elsa Dorfman on the last Saturday of May. She was a portrait photographer who captured the images of many whose work significantly influenced the arts. Her photographs of: Allen Ginsberg, Bob Dylan and Steven Tyler are well known. Her portrait of: Anaïs Nin is stunning. Her work is displayed in museums around the world.

1edorfman-e1581107026151.jpg

It doesn’t have to be connectly directed to movies at all.

10 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Shouldn't we get a ruling on this by Doc Kimble the OP of this thread?

Oh wait. He hasn't been around for almost three years now, huh.

(...never mind then...carry on)  ;)

• Like 2
2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I do not expect the TCM Forum Police to appear at my door to smack my hand with a ruler but this is a movie forum and so simple decorum dictates that the vast majority of posts should relate to movies and the people who make them. To include all and sundry in this thread might prompt its transfer to: Off-Topic.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I usually do. I usually do.

Yeah, I've noticed that.

Nope, there's no stoppin' YOU, girl!

(...thankfully, for this place would be the poorer for it)  ;)

• Like 2

RIP, Kelly Asbury, Director Of ‘Shrek 2’ and ‘Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron’

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/rip/rip-kelly-asbury-director-of-shrek-2-and-spirit-stallion-of-the-cimarron-193729.html

Stuart Cornfeld, 'Zoolander' and 'Tropic Thunder' Producer, Dies at 67

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stuart-cornfeld-dead-zoolander-tropic-thunder-producer-was-67-1300747

• Thanks 1