Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

He was very memorable as Audrey's husband (or imaginary husband or whatever the hell was going on) in a handful of episodes in Twin Peaks: the Return in which he and Sherilyn Fenn seemed to be in some sort of Beckett surrealist play outside of any other plot action on the series.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, UMO1982 said:

Armelia McQueen, best remembered for AIN'T MISBEHAVIN' on Broadway and TV with Nell Carter, Charlayne Woodard, Ken Page, and Andre DeShields.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/armelia-mcqueen-dead-dies-aint-misbehavin-1234793310/

And from Deadline:

https://deadline.com/2020/10/armelia-mcqueen-dead-obituary-aint-misbehavin-ghost-actress-1234591296/

I was surprised that when first finding out about her passing that there was only a BroadwayWorld article at the time and nothing else.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

He was very memorable as Audrey's husband (or imaginary husband or whatever the hell was going on) in a handful of episodes in Twin Peaks: the Return in which he and Sherilyn Fenn seemed to be in some sort of Beckett surrealist play outside of any other plot action on the series.

He also had a memorable role in Sin City as well.

• Thanks 1

This is a tribute that I found on Facebook from Dorian Hannaway who was the director of late-night programming at CBS-TV for more than fifteen years, supervising the production of The Late Show with David Letterman; The Kids in the Hall; and The Late, Late Show:

https://www.facebook.com/dorian.hannaway/posts/10160214828887067

• Thanks 1

I haven't seen any news articles, but film and Broadway dancer/singer extraordinaire Tommy Rall has passed away at age 90 from congestive heart failure.

I loved his high energy style of dancing, and he combined so many styles so well. My mother saw him in the 1960's in an opera; he also possessed a nice baritone voice.   RIP, Mr. Rall.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSklhUaGx2Gy8oi39FPDy6laaKALPTkk0VKgg&usqp=CAU       6166937949_e6cc0c913b_o.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, sagebrush said:

I haven't seen any news articles, but film and Broadway dancer/singer extraordinaire Tommy Rall has passed away at age 90 from congestive heart failure.

I loved his high energy style of dancing, and he combined so many styles so well. My mother saw him in the 1960's in an opera; he also possessed a nice baritone voice.   RIP, Mr. Rall.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSklhUaGx2Gy8oi39FPDy6laaKALPTkk0VKgg&usqp=CAU       6166937949_e6cc0c913b_o.jpg

That sequence above from Kiss Me, Kate is part dance, part gymnastics.  I had not seen his passing noted anywhere else.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, sagebrush said:

22 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

That sequence above from Kiss Me, Kate is part dance, part gymnastics.  I had not seen his passing noted anywhere else.  Thanks.

I just tried looking for some news articles myself, but couldn’t find any.  He did pass away on October 6th though.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:03 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

2 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

So many losses in a day's span in the Baseball world.

• Sad 1

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz's only great-granddaughter Desiree Anzalone dies at the age of 31 after six year battle with breast cancer

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz's great-granddaughter Desiree Anzalone dies of breast cancer

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz's only great-granddaughter Desiree Anzalone has died at the age of 31. Anzalone passed on September 27, in her home state of Connecticut, after a six-year battle with cancer, People reported on Friday. Her mother Julia Arnaz, daughter of Desi Arnaz Jr., said her only daughter died  'peacefully,' though  'watching her slip away was just, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. No mother should have to watch that.'

• Thanks 2