Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

On 10/13/2020 at 4:44 PM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Awwwww....  Just saw the dedication to her on TVLand. before they started their run of "Two And A Half Men" for the night.  I do remember her having a short stint as Bea Arthur's maid on MAUDE back in the '70's.  Thought she was a hoot and a good actress judging by other work(albeit small roles) on other TV shows and minor movies.  And probably who made putting in the effort to sit through MYSTIC PIZZA worthwhile.

Rest In Peace, Conchata.

Sepiatone

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Awwwww....  Just saw the dedication to her on TVLand. before they started their run of "Two And A Half Men" for the night.  I do remember her having a short stint as Bea Arthur's maid on MAUDE back in the '70's.  Thought she was a hoot and a good actress judging by other work(albeit small roles) on other TV shows and minor movies.  And probably who made putting in the effort to sit through MYSTIC PIZZA worthwhile.

Rest In Peace, Conchata.

Sepiatone

My first memories of Conchata Ferrell was in the short lived 1975 sit-com HOT L BALTIMORE.  Always funny, always welcomed in my home. I was glad I had the chance to tell her when I attended a taping of 2 and a HALF MEN. We certainly could use more like her in the world.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Rest In Peace, Conchata.

Sepiatone

IFC did a dedication to her as well.

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

He's another on my list of "Thought he was already dead".   Now it's just sad to learn.  But thanks to those REACH folks, I was unable to read the info on your link.

Sepiatone

I'm sorry that you were unable to read the info on my link, but here is a new one for you instead:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8859935/Spencer-Davis-dies-aged-81-Welsh-born-musician-suffers-heart-attack-California-home.html

• Sad 1
7 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

He's another on my list of "Thought he was already dead".   Now it's just sad to learn.  But thanks to those REACH folks, I was unable to read the info on your link.

Sepiatone

I don't know why you would necessarily think Spencer Davis was dead? I had no trouble with the link.

BTW, neither here nor there, I met Stevie Winwood once a few years back and I told him how much I liked that record back in the day when I was in school.

It seems so long ago, because it was.:)

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

I don't know why you would necessarily think Spencer Davis was dead? I had no trouble with the link.

BTW, neither here nor there, I met Stevie Winwood once a few years back and I told him how much I liked that record back in the day when I was in school.

I remember when Gimme Some Lovin' first hit the charts, I thought it was one of the best Motown recordings I had ever heard.

(...and then a few weeks later and after mentioning this, one of my junior high school buddies told me the Spencer Davis Group was British, I couldn't believe it)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

There was some trouble with the link, so I just decided to provide a new one instead. :)