Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

22 hours ago, Dargo said:

Wow! 10,000 movies, ya say Sans? And ALL in movie THEATERS??? 

Well,  I certainly hope for the sake of the Makowska-Kalinowskas' finances all those years, they don't jack up the price of a freakin' box of movie theater popcorn in Poland and like they do HERE!

(...not that Maria will have to worry about this sort'a thing much anymore)

It has been many, many, many, many years since I was in a movie theater in Poland and it occurred two or three times only but I recall that they did not have so much candy and popcorn as much as small sandwiches and finger food. Prices must have been quite reasonable for me to have been able to afford any of it.

1 hour ago, SansFin said:

It has been many, many, many, many years since I was in a movie theater in Poland and it occurred two or three times only but I recall that they did not have so much candy and popcorn as much as small sandwiches and finger food. Prices must have been quite reasonable for me to have been able to afford any of it.

Hmmm...so, the empty calories of candy and popcorn vs the more substantial choices of small sandwiches and finger food, eh Sans?

Could be one of the reasons why after I've just now checked Wikipedia's "List of countries by obesity rate", Poland was way down there in 69th position, and whereas we here in the good ol' U.S. of A. are ranked 12th.

(...hey, jus' sayin')  ;)

Tracey Davis, author of 'Sammy Davis Jr.: My Father,' dies at 59 after a short illness

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/books/2020/11/17/tracey-davis-daughter-sammy-davis-jr-and-author-dies-59/6324634002/

Aileen Passloff, Dancer, Choreographer and Teacher, Dies at 89

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/12/arts/dance/aileen-passloff-died.html

• Thanks 2
24 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Yes, I couldn't remember while I was typing it.

Chaya--  Sammy did have two adopted Sons.

But Tracey was the only child that May Britt gave birth to during her marriage to Sammy.

Sadly, Tracey was emotionally plagued all her life by the racist attacks which her family received during the very public interracial marriage of her parents in the 1960s.

3 hours ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

Yes, I couldn't remember while I was typing it.

It’s fine if you couldn’t remember.

3 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

Chaya--  Sammy did have two adopted Sons.

But Tracey was the only child that May Britt gave birth to during her marriage to Sammy.

Sadly, Tracey was emotionally plagued all her life by the racist attacks which her family received during the very public interracial marriage of her parents in the 1960s.

• Thanks 1

Mel Brez, who was known for being a writer on soap operas including The Doctors, As the World Turns, and Days of our Lives, died on November 18 due to complications from Parkinson’s disease.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/en-ca/obituaries/new-york-ny/melvin-brez-9909442

Skye Aubrey, Actress in 'The Carey Treatment' and 'Batman,' Dies at 74

Edited by MikaelaArsenault
  • Thanks 1