Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm a big fan of Falcon Crest, so it's a shame to see Abby Dalton go. She brought a real complexity to the role of Julia, hardly making it a typical performance for a villainess, making her a dangerous, yet strangely moving and sympathetic character.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I'm a big fan of Falcon Crest, so it's a shame to see Abby Dalton go. She brought a real complexity to the role of Julia, hardly making it a typical performance for a villainess, making her a dangerous, yet strangely moving and sympathetic character.

I was a mighty big fan of "Falcon Crest" too.

But before all that, and Joey Bishop, Abby Dalton was a TV favorite as Jackie Cooper's girl on "Hennessy".

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I was a mighty big fan of "Falcon Crest" too.

But before all that, and Joey Bishop, Abby Dalton was a TV favorite as Jackie Cooper's girl on "Hennessy".

And not to mention, after Gene Tierney, THE sexiest damn overbite in the business!

Yep, always thought Abby Dalton was sexy as hell.

(...R.I.P., Abby)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2020 at 11:13 PM, Dargo said:

And not to mention, after Gene Tierney, THE sexiest damn overbite in the business!

Yep, always thought Abby Dalton was sexy as hell.

(...R.I.P., Abby)

I was half waiting for you to make reference to Abby's sexy overbite, Dargo. But you're right about it. She was a lovely looking woman.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dargo said:

Sports great Rafer Johnson also had 26 film and television acting credits over the years.

(...I always noticed him every time I saw him in something)

 It's interesting to note that Rafer Johnson is said to have originally landed the role of Draba in Spartacus only to turn it down in response to the Amateur Athletic Union's strict stance on professionalism at the time. His eventual replacement, earlier UCLA stud Woody Strode, of course,  stepped in as the Ethiopian gladiator and may well have actually been the superior as I can't see Johnson upstaging the larger-than-life Strode. Strode's outsized portrayal of the SERGEANT RUTLEDGE  title character in the same year supports my observation.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NoShear said:

 It's interesting to note that Rafer Johnson is said to have originally landed the role of Draba in Spartacus only to turn it down in response to the Amateur Athletic Union's strict stance on professionalism at the time. His eventual replacement, earlier UCLA stud Woody Strode, of course,  stepped in as the Ethiopian gladiator and may well have actually been the superior as I can't see Johnson upstaging the larger-than-life Strode. Strode's outsized portrayal of the SERGEANT RUTLEDGE  title character in the same year supports my observation.

Yes, good observation I'd say here, NoShear.

And while Rafer was perhaps the more handsome man, Woody always had much more character written on his face naturally.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Yes, good observation I'd say here, NoShear.

And while Rafer was perhaps the more handsome man, Woody always had much more character written on his face naturally.

 On the same "track" but far, far behind as you no doubt know, Dargo,  was Rafer Johnson's UCLA teammate and friend C.K. Yang who rates a small IMDB sheet. Rafer Johnson is seen here in dogging pursuit of Yang as Johnson kept his decathlon point spread golden in Rome the same year as the aforementioned releases of Woody Strode films:                                                                                                                                                                                                             th?id=OIP.moLN7-XgrVG2URwtNq6XZQHaHe&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

 If an athletic scholarship to UCLA is a closed path to one hoping to get into the movies, there's always the expensive School of Cinematic Arts across town.                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thx1138_labyrinth.gif

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NoShear said:

  ...If an athletic scholarship to UCLA is a closed path to one hoping to get into the movies,there's always the expensive School of Cinematic Arts across town.                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thx1138_labyrinth.gif

With this being a still from USC grad George Lucas' film THX 1138, right NoShear?

(...although there have been a few UCLA athletic grant recepients who've made a go of it in the acting field, and with Mark Harmon coming to mind first)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dargo said:

With this being a still from USC grad George Lucas' film THX 1138, right NoShear?

(...although there have been a few UCLA athletic grant recepients who've made a go of it in the acting field, and with Mark Harmon coming to mind first)

 Hopefully it's culled from the intended Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB (1967), Dargo.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Pamela Tiffin, an actress who appeared in the films One, Two, Three, Harper, and Summer and Smoke, died today in New York City at the age of 78.

This is too bad.  I've only seen Tiffin in one film, but I really loved her in this film and I'd love to see her in other films. I'm watching For Those Who Think Young with Tiffin and James Darren in her honor.  RIP Pamela.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

This is too bad.  I've only seen Tiffin in one film, but I really loved her in this film and I'd love to see her in other films. I'm watching For Those Who Think Young with Tiffin and James Darren in her honor.  RIP Pamela.

She actually died on December 2, and not yesterday. Sorry.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pamela-tiffin-actress-in-the-pleasure-seekers-state-fair-and-come-fly-with-me-dies-at-78

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...