Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

54 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm a big fan of Falcon Crest, so it's a shame to see Abby Dalton go. She brought a real complexity to the role of Julia, hardly making it a typical performance for a villainess, making her a dangerous, yet strangely moving and sympathetic character.

• Thanks 2
10 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I'm a big fan of Falcon Crest, so it's a shame to see Abby Dalton go. She brought a real complexity to the role of Julia, hardly making it a typical performance for a villainess, making her a dangerous, yet strangely moving and sympathetic character.

I was a mighty big fan of "Falcon Crest" too.

But before all that, and Joey Bishop, Abby Dalton was a TV favorite as Jackie Cooper's girl on "Hennessy".

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I was a mighty big fan of "Falcon Crest" too.

But before all that, and Joey Bishop, Abby Dalton was a TV favorite as Jackie Cooper's girl on "Hennessy".

And not to mention, after Gene Tierney, THE sexiest damn overbite in the business!

Yep, always thought Abby Dalton was sexy as hell.

(...R.I.P., Abby)

On 11/30/2020 at 11:13 PM, Dargo said:

And not to mention, after Gene Tierney, THE sexiest damn overbite in the business!

Yep, always thought Abby Dalton was sexy as hell.

(...R.I.P., Abby)

I was half waiting for you to make reference to Abby's sexy overbite, Dargo. But you're right about it. She was a lovely looking woman.

12 hours ago, Dargo said:

Sports great Rafer Johnson also had 26 film and television acting credits over the years.

(...I always noticed him every time I saw him in something)

It's interesting to note that Rafer Johnson is said to have originally landed the role of Draba in Spartacus only to turn it down in response to the Amateur Athletic Union's strict stance on professionalism at the time. His eventual replacement, earlier UCLA stud Woody Strode, of course,  stepped in as the Ethiopian gladiator and may well have actually been the superior as I can't see Johnson upstaging the larger-than-life Strode. Strode's outsized portrayal of the SERGEANT RUTLEDGE  title character in the same year supports my observation.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, NoShear said:

It's interesting to note that Rafer Johnson is said to have originally landed the role of Draba in Spartacus only to turn it down in response to the Amateur Athletic Union's strict stance on professionalism at the time. His eventual replacement, earlier UCLA stud Woody Strode, of course,  stepped in as the Ethiopian gladiator and may well have actually been the superior as I can't see Johnson upstaging the larger-than-life Strode. Strode's outsized portrayal of the SERGEANT RUTLEDGE  title character in the same year supports my observation.

Yes, good observation I'd say here, NoShear.

And while Rafer was perhaps the more handsome man, Woody always had much more character written on his face naturally.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Yes, good observation I'd say here, NoShear.

And while Rafer was perhaps the more handsome man, Woody always had much more character written on his face naturally.

On the same "track" but far, far behind as you no doubt know, Dargo,  was Rafer Johnson's UCLA teammate and friend C.K. Yang who rates a small IMDB sheet. Rafer Johnson is seen here in dogging pursuit of Yang as Johnson kept his decathlon point spread golden in Rome the same year as the aforementioned releases of Woody Strode films:                                                                                                                                                                                                             th?id=OIP.moLN7-XgrVG2URwtNq6XZQHaHe&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

If an athletic scholarship to UCLA is a closed path to one hoping to get into the movies, there's always the expensive School of Cinematic Arts across town.                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thx1138_labyrinth.gif

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, NoShear said:

...If an athletic scholarship to UCLA is a closed path to one hoping to get into the movies,there's always the expensive School of Cinematic Arts across town.                                                                                                                                                                                                               Thx1138_labyrinth.gif

With this being a still from USC grad George Lucas' film THX 1138, right NoShear?

(...although there have been a few UCLA athletic grant recepients who've made a go of it in the acting field, and with Mark Harmon coming to mind first)

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Dargo said:

With this being a still from USC grad George Lucas' film THX 1138, right NoShear?

(...although there have been a few UCLA athletic grant recepients who've made a go of it in the acting field, and with Mark Harmon coming to mind first)

Hopefully it's culled from the intended Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB (1967), Dargo.

• Thanks 2
5 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Pamela Tiffin, an actress who appeared in the films One, Two, Three, Harper, and Summer and Smoke, died today in New York City at the age of 78.

This is too bad.  I've only seen Tiffin in one film, but I really loved her in this film and I'd love to see her in other films. I'm watching For Those Who Think Young with Tiffin and James Darren in her honor.  RIP Pamela.

14 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

This is too bad.  I've only seen Tiffin in one film, but I really loved her in this film and I'd love to see her in other films. I'm watching For Those Who Think Young with Tiffin and James Darren in her honor.  RIP Pamela.

She actually died on December 2, and not yesterday. Sorry.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pamela-tiffin-actress-in-the-pleasure-seekers-state-fair-and-come-fly-with-me-dies-at-78