Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, but it occurs to me that sometime this week is when we should get the first airing of the 2020 version of 'TCM Remembers'.  Normally, the annual tribute is shown around the 15th or 16th of December for the first time, and runs till about the January 7-10 range (or something close to it).  I think the network does an excellent job with the memorial, and most people here agree that TCM's remembrance is more comprehensive than what is shown at the Academy Awards.  It's always interesting to hear how well the music is matched up with the footage provided in the tribute.  Hopefully, there will be few complaints about anyone who may have been omitted from the finished product.  I always figure it's perfectly alright for those who were important to classic films that happen to pass away after the finished product is shown on TCM, to include them in the following year's memorial.  The final image of the 'Remembrance' feature is usually the most prominent of the deceased for the particular year.  Last year, that honor was reserved for Doris Day.  In 2018 it was Burt Reynolds.  Who might get the final spot in this year's showcase?  Probably Olivia de Havilland, but Kirk Douglas has a chance for that honor too.

• Like 1

Pete Way influential hard rock bassist died on august 14th.

Founding member of the UK group UFO was a major influence on Iron Maiden's bass player Steve Harris style and stage performance.Way died just ten weeks after his former UFO bandmate and guitarist Paul Chapman, and one year after keyboardist Paul Raymond,

www.express.co.uk%2Fcelebrity-news%2F1323081%2Fpete-way-dead-death-UFO-band-lights-out-ozzy-osbourne-

• Thanks 1

I posted in the TCM Programs section that the "TCM Remembers" 2020 edition first aired Tuesday night.  I only caught about the second half of the tribute.  This morning, I saw the first half, and Ann Reinking made the cut!  This year's tribute began with Kirk Douglas and ended with Olivia de Havilland.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, midwestan said:

I posted in the TCM Programs section that the "TCM Remembers" 2020 edition first aired Tuesday night.  I only caught about the second half of the tribute.  This morning, I saw the first half, and Ann Reinking made the cut!  This year's tribute began with Kirk Douglas and ended with Olivia de Havilland.

They must have added Ann Reinking since last night when I saw it for the first time.  That's cool.