Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I loved Chad and Jeremy and still turn up the sound on the radio whenever Summer Song and Yesterday's Gone are played. Their music was part of my early teen age years. I remember when they appeared on the Patty Duke Show. They seemed so sweet.

RIP Chad Stuart

The last few times that I've seen them on these Nostalgia concerts, Chad didn't look so good. It seemed as though it was difficult for him to perform.

Jeremy looked pretty much the same, obviously a little older. I've also seen him as an actor and he's not bad. He appeared on John Nettles' "Midsomer Murders".

Only a couple of days ago, I put them on my British Invasion first wave YouTube album.

They were a talented respite in the British Invasion and Chad will be missed.

I was saddened not to see Grant Imahara listed in TCM Remembers this year.  I was so surprised that I had to check and make sure he died this year and not last-- that's how long a year it's been!  But sure enough, he died in July of this year.  He did effects work on the Star Wars I, II and III,   and also on the Lost World: Jurassic Park as well as many other movies..  His exclusion from TCM remembers seems like a terrible oversight.  

• Like 2
On 12/23/2020 at 9:45 AM, MikaelaArsenault said:

Actress REBECCA LUKER died. Appeared in Broadway shows including Mary Poppins and Show Boat.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/23/theater/rebecca-luker-dead.html

Ms Luker had a wonderful voice. She had been battling ALS since earlier in the year. 😞

• Sad 1
13 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Considering Leslie West's weight problems, I'm surprised he lived as long as he

did. R.I.P.

felix-pappalardi-e1466235935283.jpg?fit=

He made it much past partner, Felix Pappalardi who was shot and killed by his wife in 1983.

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

He made it much past partner, Felix Pappalardi who was shot and killed by his wife in 1983

Wow, now that sounds interesting! I know almost nothing about Mountain, but I believe Pappalardi was the producer of Disraeli Gears and maybe some other Cream albums and also was an extra instrumentalist and maybe co-writer of the music on a couple of songs. In fact, I think Pappalardi's wife or girlfriend of the time may have written the lyrics of one of the songs (the boys in Cream don't seem to have been too interested in writing a lot of lyrics themselves). Unsure if this is the same woman who would go on to shoot him. But you've given me a new Wikipedia wormhole to go down!