Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

On 1/8/2021 at 11:50 AM, txfilmfan said:

I was just about to post about Tommy,  but I'm glad I "looked up" before doing so.

At least he got to see the Dodgers win the World  Series again!

• Like 2

Brad Venable, Prominent Video Game And Anime Voice Actor, Passes Away

https://www.gameinformer.com/obituary/2021/01/08/brad-venable-prominent-video-game-and-anime-voice-actor-passes-away

Antonio Sabáto Sr., Italian American Actor and Father of Antonio Sabáto Jr., Dies at 77

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/antonio-sabato-sr-dead-1234881971/

Steve Carver, Director of 'Lone Wolf McQuade' and 'Big Bad Mama,' Dies at 75

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/steve-carver-director-of-lone-wolf-mcquade-and-big-bad-mama-dies-at-75

• Thanks 1

Kathy Shaidle (1964-2021) a wonderful Canadian poet, essayist and blogger. She wrote movie remembrances for Mark Steyn on his Mark Steyn Fan Club website. For those who have not followed her I invite you to read her dozens and dozens of witty, insightful and often poignant reflections on so many movies of the last century. I so looked forward to her weekly columns and am terribly saddened (though we all knew it was coming) that I will no longer be able to enjoy her writing  every Sunday with my morning coffee. RIP Kathy Shaidle.

Shaidle at the Cinema :: SteynOnline

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

It was less than one year ago that we bid farewell to Roy Horn, too. :(

My husband was a professional magician who tried his hand at live performances for a while, but you really have to have that certain "umph". Siegfried and Roy had it in spades.  My husband met them a few times after attending their Vegas shows. He said they were both wonderful people who adored their animals and treated them like pets.

~RIP, Mr. Fischbacher.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
17 hours ago, sagebrush said:

It was less than one year ago that we bid farewell to Roy Horn, too. :(

My husband was a professional magician who tried his hand at live performances for a while, but you really have to have that certain "umph". Siegfried and Roy had it in spades.  My husband met them a few times after attending their Vegas shows. He said they were both wonderful people who adored their animals and treated them like pets.

~RIP, Mr. Fischbacher.

That’s cool your husband was a professional magician. When my parents went to Las Vegas, they saw David Copperfield and Penn & Teller, but no Siegfried and Roy.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, fxreyman said:

Great actor!!! Always loved seeing him play somewhat evil/bad characters. He had a knack of playing those types of roles. And he had a great voice as well!!!

Here is a picture of him in the 1957 play A Hatful Of Rain:

image.jpeg.4f5f834e07dd6e7fdd1575382ee98047.jpeg