Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

'Fourth' Beastie Boy Ricky Powell dies aged 59: Hip-hop photographer who worked with band passes away from heart failure

Photographer Ricky Powell, who was often referred to as the 'fourth Beastie Boy' has died at the age of 59.

Powell passed away from heart failure, with a statement released by his management on Tuesday confirming the sad news.   

His manager and business partner Tono Radvany told Pitchfork: 'I just want to let everybody know he was a very special man, and he will be sorely missed.'

• Thanks 1

Sad about Chick Corea, loved his music. When my husband and I were first married in the 1970's we use to play backgammon, drink wine and listen to Chick Corea. Great music and just thinking about him brings back wonderful memories. Thanks for all the wonderful music Chick Corea.

RIP Chick Corea

• Like 2

This person was not widely known outside Oklahoma, but he was the host of a weekly classic movie show on Oklahoma's PBS network (OETA) for 30 years.  They show 2 films every Saturday evening, starting at 9 p.m.  The concept was copied from a local commercial station in the Oklahoma City market, which had a similar show years before, but had discontinued it when commercial TV stations stopped showing films.  In the early years, you could vote for films you wanted to see.

https://www.oeta.tv/blogs/pressroom/oeta-mourns-the-loss-of-****-wexler/

• Thanks 2