Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

Just heard this on the radio.  Gavan O'Herlihy passed away.  If that name's not familiar to you, he played the disappearing eldest Cunningham sibling on Happy Days, Chuck.  His character on that show is mentioned rather frequently in various threads on here.  I never knew that it was recast in the 2nd season before they dropped the character.

He also had roles in many other properties, such as Superman III, Twin Peaks, Lonesome Dove and Willow.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gavan-o-herlihy-missing-chuck-201921138.html

• Thanks 1

I was about to step in and say no, no, it was DAN O'Herlihy who played Piper Laurie's brother in the final episodes of the original Twin Peaks series, but then I thought I'd probably end up looking stupid, as I often do around here when I assert my certainty of something, so I went to IMDB and sure enough BOTH O'Herlihys were on the show. Gavin played a Canadian Mountie in two episodes. I don't know that I remember him or if there was any real-life relation between them. O'Herlihy may be as common a name in one part of the world as Smith is in another.

20 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I was about to step in and say no, no, it was DAN O'Herlihy who played Piper Laurie's brother in the final episodes of the original Twin Peaks series, but then I thought I'd probably end up looking stupid, as I often do around here when I assert my certainty of something, so I went to IMDB and sure enough BOTH O'Herlihys were on the show. Gavin played a Canadian Mountie in two episodes. I don't know that I remember him or if there was any real-life relation between them. O'Herlihy may be as common a name in one part of the world as Smith is in another.

Gavan is Dan's son, I believe...

• Thanks 1

Legendary thriller writer Wilbur Smith dies 'unexpectedly' at home in Cape Town aged 88 having spent the morning reading and writing with his wife Niso

50450195-0-image-m-13_1636844972372.jpg

Legendary thriller writer Wilbur Smith died this afternoon at his home in Cape Town while reading and writing beside his wife Niso.The 88-year-old author sold more than 140 million books since 1964.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I remember ART LaFLEUR.  He was also in "Cobra" with Sly Stallone among other features.  He was older than I thought.  Didn't think he was as old as 78. 

I believe he was 72.

RIP  PETER AYKROYD.   He starred in one of my favorite movies of all-time despite the fact it's critically reviled.

But GAS (1981-Canadian) is one of the few comedies that makes me laugh every time I see it.    

GAS was Peter Aykroyd's biggest part in any movie if I'm not mistaken.  And what a movie!   

Yvonne Wilder, Actor Known for ‘West Side Story’ and ‘Seems Like Old Times,’ Dies at 84

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/yvonne-wilder-dead-84-actor-west-side-story-1235123213/

Martha De Laurentiis Dies: ‘Hannibal’ And ‘Red Dragon’ Producer Was 67

https://deadline.com/2021/12/martha-delaurentiis-dead-producer-for-hannibal-wife-dino-delaurentiis-1234885157/

• Thanks 1

Beautiful French actress Francoise Arnoul died in Paris at the age of 90 on July 20th after a long illness,she stopped her career in the mid sixties to work with her husband in the film industry. She was a star from 1955 till 1964 in France, French Can Can is one of her biggest films  it  featured  Jean Gabin.

• Thanks 2