Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

Richard Kimble

Carleton Carpenter, Donald May and Howard Hesseman all gone and today is Arlene Dahl's tribute day.   I suddenly feel very old.  😒

At least I finally get to see She Played with Fire today.  

I just found out that Carpenter was Marjorie Main's son.  This apple definitely didn't fall far from the tree.

5 hours ago, Vautrin said:

The first King  Crimson album is one of my favorites. Ian McDonald R.I.P.

Ian McDonald  and Michael Giles made a very good lp titled McDonald And Giles in 1970 -71 they made a very good unique album in the same vein, as crimson rare when it was released I know it was done on cd In japan I do not know about the USA it was on Atlantic then

giles.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nakano said:

giles.jpg

Ian Mcdonald did a duo lp with Michael Giles just after their departure from Crimson . released in 1970 or 71 it was very good and was hard to find even then it was on Atlantic I know it was done in cd format in Japan. The girls on the cover were their then girlfriends

31 minutes ago, nakano said:

Ian Mcdonald did a duo lp with Michael Giles just after their departure from Crimson . released in 1970 or 71 it was very good and was hard to find even then i,t was on Atlanric I know it was done in cd format in Japan. The girls on the cover were their then girlfriends

I don't know a lot about McDonald, but it seems he was involved of lots of musical projects  throughout  the years, besides

King Crimson  and  Foreigner.  I recall he did an album with another ex-King Crimson, though  I don't recall the details.

It's  probably on YT  so I'll give  it a  listen. 

I would like to call your attention to the passing of Ned Eisenberg, a wonderful guy and marvelous actor. 65 is way too young.

RIP Ned... One of the musical Dead End Kids... 

"Would the world look different in new shoes... Would the papers only print good news? I wish I could know. Are billboards just for show? And what's behind those smiling faces? Are those people holding aces? How come they look so free?"

Ned Eisenberg, 'Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' and 'Law & Order: SVU' character actor, dead at 65

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/ned-eisenberg-marvelous-mrs-maisel-and-law-and-order-svu-character-actor-dead-at-65/ar-AAUrlpo?li=BBnbfcL

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Peebs said:

Peebs--"Spin and Marty" is where I came in.

Mike was just a naturally good actor. Fred MacMurray thought so too and was sorry when he quit. 

Plus his good looks certainly didn't hurt him any.

Peebs, 

Thanks for the article.

• Like 2

'Good Times' And Broadway Star Johnny Brown Dies At 84

he was also the waiter on the cramped commuter train in The Out-of-Towners. a great delivery when he says to Lemmon "yeah and when he eats that that's the end of the chicken"

:lol:

I think his character on Good Times shoulda been treated better with more compassion and humanity. Bookman and alderman Fred Davis were just fodder for the mean spiritness of Norman Lear's writers.

just once Willona could have put her arm on Willie Bookman's shoulder and told him that the fat putdowns were really not meant personally.

Johnny Brown, Jack Lemmon & Sandy Dennis in THE OUT-OF-TOWNERS - 1970 still  | eBay

Good Times' Comedian Actor Johnny Brown Dies at 84 | Timeofinfo

'