Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Death Takes No Holiday -- The Obituary Thread

Richard Kimble

Peter Bowles, English stage, television and film actor, passes away

Bowles is probably most familiar in his role in the late 1970s/early 1980s Britcom To the Manor Born.  But he has a long list of credits in TV, film and stage stretching back to the 1950s.  His most prominent role in classic film is probably Ron, the photographer's agent, in 1966's Blow-Up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60777622

• Thanks 2

On 3/17/2022 at 12:30 PM, txfilmfan said:

Peter Bowles, English stage, television and film actor, passes away

Bowles is probably most familiar in his role in the late 1970s/early 1980s Britcom To the Manor Born.  But he has a long list of credits in TV, film and stage stretching back to the 1950s.  His most prominent role in classic film is probably Ron, the photographer's agent, in 1966's Blow-Up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60777622

he was Balor on 1st year space 1999 ep End of Eternity.

0 item(s) - £0.00 Your shopping cart is empty! £ Currency € Euro £ Pound  Sterling $ US Dollar Menu Home My Account Special Offers Checkout Login  Contact Us Menu Home My Account Special Offers Contact Us FOH / Lobby Cards  - UK & US Memorabilia ...

Jimmy Lydon, dead at age 98.

Sorry to hear this, but he certainly enjoyed a long life.  I believe he was the last surviving leading man from Hollywood's Golden Age.

SCOEY MITCHLLL died on March 19 at age 92.  He was busy on television mainly from the late 1960s through the 1980s.  He did play Richard Pryor's father in the 1986 theatrical movie JO JO DANCER, YOUR LIFE IS CALLING.  He also did some producing and directing in the '80s before mostly leaving the entertainment business circa 1990.  His obit said he got in to the restoration of classic cars after his entertainment career.

If you watched MATCH GAME and TATTLETALES in the '70s and '80s you would've seen Scoey Mitchlll quite a bit.   He was a frequent guest panelist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to hear this. Scoey Mitchell was always my go to name of obscure 1960's actors that time forgot. One of the few black actors working regularly in those days.

I met his son once and mentioned I was familiar with his father's work. He seemed a bit surprised by interest in his career.

• Like 2

I think Scoey's real last name was 'Mitchell' and he usually was billed SCOEY MITCHLLL . . . but did he actually legally change his last name to "Mitchlll" with the three "L"'s?   That's a question I would've asked him if I'd met him. 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Gorman said:

I think Scoey's real last name was 'Mitchell' and he usually was billed SCOEY MITCHLLL . . . but did he actually legally change his last name to "Mitchlll" with the three "L"'s?   That's a question I would've asked him if I'd met him. 

I never noticed that he was sometimes credited as Mitchlll.  But looking at his credits on IMDb, he used Mitchill, Mitchell and Mitchlll, most often switching between Mitchell and Mitchlll.

Per his Wikipedia page, and an obit I saw on Deadline, his real last name at birth was Mitchlll: Roscoe Mitchlll Jr.